In honor of SF Giants... I'm reposting a video from last World Series. "that's weed! that's weed!".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meanwhile in LA ....

dodger-stadium-empty.jpg

Last edited:
a's fans always have negativity towards giants and their fans. i was rooting for a's to beat detroit. dudes just have this weird inferiority complex on account of their awful stadium and their scumbag owner and being the red headed step child of bay area baseball. 

a's fans always have negativity towards giants and their fans. i was rooting for a's to beat detroit. dudes just have this weird inferiority complex on account of their awful stadium and their scumbag owner and being the red headed step child of bay area baseball. 

Lulz at red-headed stepchild.

What is there to feel inferior about? The Giants have occupied the Bay Area ten more years than the A's and have accomplished only a quarter of what the A's have in terms of World Series titles. Since moving to Oakland in 1968 only two other teams have been more successful than the A's in terms of playoff appearances and championships. As far as I'm concerned we're sitting pretty where we are.

What is there to feel inferior about? The Giants have occupied the Bay Area ten more years than the A's and have accomplished only a quarter of what the A's have in terms of World Series titles. Since moving to Oakland in 1968 only two other teams have been more successful than the A's in terms of playoff appearances and championships. As far as I'm concerned we're sitting pretty where we are.
really? what's to feel inferior about... lol
how about taking everything you just said and explaining why the a's havent had a place to broadcast their games in what, 15 years? 

KNBR is the Giants flagship, it wasn't til last year when 95.7fm came through that A's games would be broadcasted on the radio. wouldnt it make sense to favor the historically more successful team in the bay area more? NOPE. 

the Giants and 49ers are the premier sports teams in the bay area. raiders and A's take the backseat. that's just how it is. because oakland itself takes a backseat to san francisco. 

its like the Cubs and Sox. Cubs haven't won a world series since 1492, but they sell out wrigley and are clearly the more popular team while the sox won it all in 2005, have a new stadium and still can't get people in the stands. 

red headed step child. 

really? what's to feel inferior about... lol

how about taking everything you just said and explaining why the a's havent had a place to broadcast their games in what, 15 years? 
KNBR is the Giants flagship, it wasn't til last year when 95.7fm came through that A's games would be broadcasted on the radio. wouldnt it make sense to favor the historically more successful team in the bay area more? NOPE. 

the Giants and 49ers are the premier sports teams in the bay area. raiders and A's take the backseat. that's just how it is. because oakland itself takes a backseat to san francisco. 
its like the Cubs and Sox. Cubs haven't won a world series since 1492, but they sell out wrigley and are clearly the more popular team while the sox won it all in 2005, have a new stadium and still can't get people in the stands. 

red headed step child. 

:lol:

Look at you. I'm glad having KNBR in your pocket makes you happy, it must be comforting. I'd just like to point out that before the Giants moved into Pac Bell Park, they were drawing about the same as the A's are in the Coliseum.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teams/athlatte.shtml

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teams/sfatte.shtml

So this talk about the Giants always being more popular than the A's doesn't seem to hold water once you realize that what has driven the high attendance is the new stadium, does it? I guess all that insular radio talk on KNBR helps keep the illusion alive. But this idea that San Francisco is the hands down alpha baseball city in the Bay Area is only true if you mean everything off the field. And if that's you, that's okay. I'm more concerned with winning on the field, but that's just me.

But let me be clear: I wish the A's would have sellouts as often as the Giants do. Maybe once we get that stadium in San Jose we can capture those fairweather fans that the Giants are scared stiff about losing.

giants are more popular but the A's are the more accomplished team and I am a fan of both

laugh.gif

Look at you. I'm glad having KNBR in your pocket makes you happy, it must be comforting. I'd just like to point out that before the Giants moved into Pac Bell Park, they were drawing about the same as the A's are in the Coliseum.
http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teams/athlatte.shtml
http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teams/sfatte.shtml
So this talk about the Giants always being more popular than the A's doesn't seem to hold water once you realize that what has driven the high attendance is the new stadium, does it? I guess all that insular radio talk on KNBR helps keep the illusion alive. But this idea that San Francisco is the hands down alpha baseball city in the Bay Area is only true if you mean everything off the field. And if that's you, that's okay. I'm more concerned with winning on the field, but that's just me.
But let me be clear: I wish the A's would have sellouts as often as the Giants do. Maybe once we get that stadium in San Jose we can capture those fairweather fans that the Giants are scared stiff about losing.
it's not just knbr. it's playing in san francisco which is not even comparable to oakland, it's having a better stadium DESPITE the a's being the more successful team. does that register in your skull at all? which team 'deserved' a new stadium more? the one with 4 titles in the bay area or the one with none til 2010? DESPITE their success the a's are STILL the 2nd class citizen in the bay area :kanyeshrug:. a's even have a movie made about their gm and they still get no shine =(

and your stadium attendance stats does nothing to strengthen your position if the giants sucked so bad in the candlestick era and the A's were so successful, how's a "sucky" team drawing equal numbers to a more successful team? 

and lol@ hoping to get a stadium built in SAN JOSE... looks like you've been an A's fan as long as the bernie lean's been around. first time i hear an A's "fan" actually want the team to leave Oakland and support that turd Lew Wolff's relocation idea. 

a's should stay in oakland. lol @ "san jose A's" for fcks sake. 

giants are more popular but the A's are the more accomplished team and I am a fan of both
i like both teams too, but you always get A's fans sayin things like "fk the giants! fk san francisco!!!!!" 

its the same with raider fans. the oakland raiders and their fans are such a non factor to me as a 49er fan, that i dont bother going out of my way to say anything about them because they dont even exist to me really. on the other hand you will have plenty of raider fans on fb "fk the 49ers!!!! 49ers suck!!!! they drink wine!!!! we get drunk off whiskey not wine!!!! 49ers are GAY!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom