In Kanye News....

Nawty’s post was before the top post I quoted but still is relevant. Being the face of a brand and having a creative mind doesn’t qualify you to be the member on a board of a $150B company. Yes, them being brand ambassadors and their inputs in their product lines has been important but so many other business related aspects go into making board level decisions beyond just what they bring to the table.

What, exactly, do you think qualifies someone to be on the board?

I guarantee you many of the people on the board don’t meet those qualifications.

Yeah, people gets on the board of directors for companies all the time. Often times have nothing to do with the coming but are unbiased and business motivated and unemotional. Theres no real reason for Mike not to be on the Nike board.

Not a Kanye fan but your wrong. The Nike deal was after LV and it was huge. Many would say the adidas stuff is even bigger than what he did at Nike.

Ye is a big reason FOG took off the way it did and many other labels including off white and just don owe ye for their help.

I don't like Ye but I'm not gonna discredit a black man for work that he clearly put in.

Dudes in love with everything TS like that ain't coming from the Kanye tree... Come on now most of the biggest influences in hyped fashion are still in someway linked to Ye.

Last edited:
Having had gone through mental health issues let me say this.....

He's not capable of seeing his issues which prevents people from seeking help.

Crazy people don't know they're crazy!

That's why mental health is so scary.

The hardest part is realizing you need help which is no walk in the park.

Yeah one of my cousins got diagnosed with manic depressive bipolar disorder and he was like off the walls. He swore up and down something was wrong with us and he was fine.

Kanye is showing the same exact signs same erratic behavior and talking nonsense.

man kanye ain’t sick

he just hates his in laws

that **** draining

:lol:

But Kanye definitely has bipolar disorder seeing as how he is behaving.

Dudes really think Kanye made Adidas :lol:

Bruh is a self proclaimed fashion icon who works for............Adidas. Let that sink in.

LV told Ye to kick rocks and it’s been downhill fashion wise since there.

Slavery was a choice and freedom in the north was just another form of slavery but he chose to work for white folks with all the resources at his disposal :rolleyes

Why should Mike be on the board of directors for Nike though? Just because he’s the greatest face for product ever doesn’t mean he knows about resourcing materials or best methods of distribution amongst a country. Like y’all think Spider-Man is on the board of directors for Marvel?

Man, Adidas brought Reebok for damn near 4 billion dollars. That YZY brand helped that company and they clearly need someone creative in those rooms b/c they suck. They suck w/ marketing, they suck w/ selling, they suck w/ keeping nice things.

They've literally been YZY to maintain sometype of cool b/c they killed Pharrell's buzz. They just signed Beyonce. BEYONCE, and had marketing campaign that came & went. Outside of the ppl that got those gift boxes I have seen not one person when that Beyonce stuff & mind u, I think that stuff was nice. Particularly the ultraboost. My god Adidas killed the ultraboost. Those bozo's waited until 2018 to do a Bape x Ultraboost collab... The Adidas boardroom is trash & has always been. The passed on Michael Jordan.

:lol: u got me ranting.

I've said this multiple times. Imo, Adidas has the best archive & TWO top of the line logo's that look cool & are wild versatility. They should be number 1, but the weren't b/c they're uncool & dumb.

Dude next to this lady is Jon Wexler. Jon Wexler is the Vice President of Global Entertainment and Influencer Marketing at Adidas. WHO THE **** IS HE INFLUENCING??? Look at him. I said look at him damnit! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

He has never been cool in his god damn life. NEVER. His marketing sucks, he flexes shoes that he releases in wild limited quanties so they can have illusion of being sold out, & he's 34 & looks 47. That guy got lucky coming across Kanye when he tight about his Nike deal. Jon Wexler is trash. Jon Wexler if u have NT account you trash.

1595304786470.png
Dude is only 34 ? Definitely looks almost 50. He is definitely washed.

Yeah one of my cousins got diagnosed with manic depressive bipolar disorder and he was like off the walls. He swore up and down something was wrong with us and he was fine.

Kanye is showing the same exact signs same erratic behavior and talking nonsense.

:lol:

But Kanye definitely has bipolar disorder seeing as how he is behaving.

Welp, Kris Humphries won.

Why should Mike be on the board of directors for Nike though? Just because he’s the greatest face for product ever doesn’t mean he knows about resourcing materials or best methods of distribution amongst a country. Like y’all think Spider-Man is on the board of directors for Marvel?

You realize Nike became NIKE because of Mike right? They might not have even been second to adidas when they got Mike, hell he didn't even want to take the meeting.

Nike has become a global powerhouse built on the backs of many athletes but most notably Michael Jordan. So what if he doesn't know **** about resourcing today. The dude is a fierce competitior and a savy business man. You really think that's something he can't learn?

Not knocking you on your stance but let's not pretend that Mike hasn't made Nike billions if not trillions of dollars. If he wanted a seat on that board he is very much deserving of such.

Last edited:
I’m starting to further understand relevance of the “Gata” episode of Dave.

To be fair I don't think Kanye has spent enough time with adidas to be on the board. I know that he helped to bring a sense of resurgence to the brand especially in the American market but I also acknowledge Ye is crazy for real.

There's value in his name for sure but with how Ye moves I'm not sure how long that value will hold up. Dude is a Nick Cannon podcast away from that Gap deal falling through and that's a multi year agreement.

Why are y’all lobbying Kanye to be a adidas shareholder. Bro **** him, if we’re being honest Pharrell gave him every opportunity that he’s ever had. P had a Nike collab before Ye, a streetwear brand before Ye, had a LV collab before Ye and inked a deal with adidas before Ye not to mention the other high end deals like Chanel that he had without Kanye. Bro helped Kanye walk through every door he ever had available and doesn’t get enough credit. Kanye isn’t humble that’s why Virgil has his dream job.

so...is this really an album promotion or nah? cuz i still think acting this way and promoting an album can be mutually exclusive.

prolly gonna listen to donda, but i haven't had Kanye in serious rotation since...MBDTF. and i listened to his last record 1x.

Being on the board means you have a voice in making the big decisions for a company. Y'all really think they gonna let someone like Kanye who isn't exactly in a stable headspace to be a part of that decision making for a $25 billion company?

Mike, on the other hand, I have no problem either way with Nike. I think he deserves to be on the board but he seems content with where he's at, so I'm cool with whether he's on it or not.

Back
Top Bottom