In Kanye News....

This actually makes sense. I personally couldn't find confirmation of that specific diagnosis, but I am going to take your word for it based on what you typed out.

I have a childhood friend recently diagnosed with the exact same thing. We grew up together, he was basically my brother. He fell into drug addiction, got clean, went to rehab, really did well for himself. He eventually ended things with his fiance (I can understand why, they got together very young, but she's still a wonderful person with a huge heart), and then kinda started dabbling in stuff again. Wasn't doing the hard ****, was doing things in moderation, and then did a bunch of LSD. Boom, that was it.

He started making music, and I was happy for him because he found an outlet. The themes of the songs and videos were kinda weird, but he's weird, so I didn't think too much of it. Then he got 5150'd, and got the diagnosis. He blew up my phone and his ex-fiance's phone (and its started again) saying some of the craziest ****ing ****.

Saying that he "found the solution to world peace" and "can fix racism" and went off calling some mutual friends racist ****. Leaving me voice mails saying that he "figured out Cicada 3301" and that it "was the bible." Told me not to worry, that he was going to "save us all." Talked about being a robot... Got on his meds, apologized, acknowledged his mistakes and that he was going to get help. Then, a week later, it was back to the same manic stuff.

I one time woke up to ****ing 45 text messages and 10 missed calls from him. As you can see, none of the **** he sent makes any sense.

Didn't mean to go on this rant, but I guess I just haven't talked to anyone about it except for his ex.

TL;DR - This **** is serious, I definitely believe that diagnosis, and it's super super ****ing important Kanye gets the help he needs. RE: Kim pretending like he didn't say **** about Meek - I personally feel if she did address it or deny it, it'd just get him worked up, no matter if she admit it or denied it. I hope Kris Jenner gets her **** together and backs up, and doesn't interfere and make **** worse.

image_from_ios.jpg
I totally get it. I haven't experienced to that extent of the symptoms of your boy, but I get why he acts that way in a manic episode. So some exhibit symptoms of those crazy racing thoughts and pressured speech. My loved one will just keep talking and cannot shut up...for hours. But this is when they drink which ramps up the mania. But some get this with no alcohol or drugs in their system. So they feel like they need to get rid of the racing thoughts and they have to say them out loud. So right when they are about to finish an idea, in the middle of it, there's another idea that jumps in and it is constant. It is like extreme ADHD in your head and racing thoughts and flight of ideas. They think their ideas are so grand and amazing so they need to share it because they are going to save the world or rescue other people.

So there is that impulse to talk out loud or text or keep posting tweets to get rid of the thoughts.

I hope your boy is better and getting the help they need.

ts because I miss this dude pre all this other stuff

GITD tour greatest concert i ever been to
When was he diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder?

I totally understand bipolar disorder. Like I said, I've worked with children and adults suffering from it.
Ya, I know you understand it but you did say oh doesn't make sense Kanye does this or that. I was saying there can be much variation among patients in the ways they exhibit symptoms of the illness depending on severity and factors. Some are more depressive and rarely manic, while others are the other way around. Some get delusion and psychosis, while others do not, etc.

Kanye's is BAD. It is more on the psychosis end of it. Last year, he revealed it caused him paranoid delusions. I mean you can tell he is more of the schizoaffective type of bipolar.

He is not sleeping and he’s also got this luminosity— he’s been saying ‘I am Jesus’ and the future President. A manic schizophrenic, a manic psychotic person has a big delusion such as religious delusion or delusion of persecution, and that’s exactly what he is exhibiting. Mania may often come with an irritable mood for some, a provocative mood, and that’s all very indicative of a bipolar disorder and what Kanye has been exihibiting for years now.

I will try to find the article on his diagnosis. It was a few years ago.

she will.

didnt their prenup have the stipulation of 10 yrs or so? if after 10 years, she gets the duffle bag. like 70. but divorce before, she get like a mil? yeah said he been tryna drop her for a minute, but she wont sign the paperz lmaooo
Doesn’t she have more money than Kanye now? I thought she recently came up with on her own bag.

Doesn’t she have more money than Kanye now? I thought she recently came up with n her own bag.

She is wealthier than Kanye. She literally has no reason to be in this relationship except the children but im sure they will cope with it

• Sad
Reactions: wr
Ya, I know you understand it but you did say oh doesn't make sense Kanye does this or that. I was saying there can be much variation among patients in the ways they exhibit symptoms of the illness depending on severity and factors. Some are more depressive and rarely manic, while others are the other way around. Some get delusion and psychosis, while others do not, etc.

Kanye's is BAD. It is more on the psychosis end of it. Last year, he revealed it caused him paranoid delusions. I mean you can tell he is more of the schizoaffective type of bipolar.

If he has schizoaffective disorder ALSO, that would make more sense.

Bipolar disorder alone would not account for the content of his takes.

As far as I know schizoaffective disorder and bipolar disorder are TWO separate disorders that can occur together. I've never heard of schizoaffective bipolar disorder as one diagnosis, unless the DSM-5 says otherwise.

i see a lot of people saying kanye needs people to tell him no and theres too many yes men around him.
kanye doesn't seem like the person to take anyone's advice. im sure plenty of people told him to chill but im willing to bet if you tell kanye no, he'll probably want to do it even more

Have ya'll read th
If he has schizoaffective disorder ALSO, that would make more sense.

Bipolar disorder alone would not account for the content of his takes.

As far as I know schizoaffective disorder and bipolar disorder are TWO separate disorders that can occur together. I've never heard of schizoaffective bipolar disorder as one diagnosis, unless the DSM-5 says otherwise.

I disagree as I can see bipolar disorder accounting for the content of his takes as well. Mania in itself has psychotic features and delusions. The grandiosity, impultisivity, energy, and euphoria of mania can heavily distort your thoughts and beliefs.

So from what I understand, schizoaffective disorder is the diagnosis made when the person has symptoms of both schizophrenia (usually psychosis) and a mood disorder—either bipolar disorder or depression—but does not meet the diagnostic criteria for schizophrenia or a mood disorder individually.

So someone can be schizophrenic only, and not schizoaffective, when they do not exhibit a mood disorder like bipolar or depression. Kanye seems to exhibit schizophrenia due to the hallucinations, paranoia, etc., as well as the mood swings like mania and depression.

I have my qualms with the DSM by the way. It is basically just an insurance grab for diagnosis.

Can't just look at the recent results, at his best Kanye's is an artistic visionary, very few are like that and I notice they have some psychosis. He should be proud and happy that he managed to get recognition for it to this point unlike some like Van Gogh etc. Drake is a very good artist, but he's not a disruptor.

I drove through Wyoming for a road trip across the country and there were Trump flags and bumper stickers everywhere. I stopped for gas a few times and definitely got weird looks cuz they can tell I wasn't from there. Ye will feel right at home in Wyoming.

The speed limit there was 80 though which I thought was pretty cool.

Can't just look at the recent results, at his best Kanye's is an artistic visionary, very few are like that and I notice they have some psychosis. He should be proud and happy that he managed to get recognition for it to this point unlike some like Van Gogh etc. Drake is a very good artist, but he's not a disruptor.

His past successes should not excuse his recent blunders. The last two albums are horrid. I rather listen to most of Drake's catalog instead of those last 2 Ye albums.

How is blaming his mental illness and stupidity on Kim K "spelling out the facts"? Because that's what a lot of his stans are in here doing. I would have more of a heart if his rhetoric and behavior wasn't so damaging, especially in our current political climate. He can EAD for all i care.

your post is kind of what I’m talking about.

I haven’t even read what his wife said. There’s no need to. It’s obvious that the man is suffering.

It’s unfortunate that his words are damaging but your attitude towards mental health is the real issue here. And you’re not alone in your lack of understanding and tolerance.

your post is kind of what I’m talking about.

I haven’t even read what his wife said. There’s no need to. It’s obvious that the man is suffering.

It’s unfortunate that his words are damaging but your attitude towards mental health is the real issue here. And you’re not alone in your lack of understanding and tolerance.
This.

The fact his behaviour is damaging is in itself the byproduct of his mentall illness. That's what it can do to some people and the people in their lives will be collateral damage.

Crazy how his mentals always go haywire prior to an album coming out.
Not crazy and makes sense when you are manic. Some bipolar patients just have a very fragile or sensitive nervous system which can get disrupted easily. Lack of sleep, or any type of stressor or overwhelming emotion can set them off. When manic also you barely sleep and you are highly productive and may go on on doing certain projects and making lots of plans because you have so much energy and you can be just bouncing off the walls hyper. The world seems full of opportunity and even you feel invincible. But if extreme, it is destructive, patients report getting to the point where they can’t function anymore when they crash and get to the depression phase and sometimes need to be hospitalized.

Many people living with bipolar disorder have demonstrated themselves to be highly creative/productive. There are numerous famous artists, actors, and musicians who have bipolar disorder. But not all dipolar people are creative, but there is a link between bipolar and creativity.

I remember reading in an article once when Kanye was hospitalized, he was still manic that he was asking for his studio equipment to be brought to the hospital room so he can be making music.

people in the media always wanna act up then claim they have bipolar disorder so you let them off the hook. chris brown said the same thing. not everybody that wiles out had a disorder, some people are just *** holes.

This. I have a thyroid problem! So it's hard to lose weight! Nah, you just gotta put down the fork.

There's literally an excuse for everything.

Someone can have a mentall illness AND it affects their behaviour AND they should not let be off the hook as we are all accountable for our actions.

Kanye and Chris have both been medically diagnosed by professional doctors. Mentall illnesses distort your thoughts, behaviors, and beliefs, so that is why some unfortunately become *******s.

I know my friend's mom who is the sweetest and most caring woman alive. She is a harmless woman who is extremely loving, when not on an episode. But when she gets manic, and then impulsively drinks, she has gotten violent. She even swung knives at her kids back in the day. So this I know is not her nature and more of a distortion of her since it is her bipolar and self-medicating on drinking that alters her behavior to get violent sometimes.

You have to know the person very well to know if it is their illness or that is just their permanent and non-changing personality. Kim supposedly always said Kanye has the biggest heart and they know his heart.

Back
Top Bottom