In need of a credit card

Sup NT,

Im in search for my 1st credit card. I will let you know that my credit isnt the greatest but its also not the worst. Can you guys assist me in finding a good credit card to sign up for?

Thanks

How bad is your credit exactly? What's your credit score? How long is your credit history? What's your income?

Depending the on the answers to those questions, you might have to get a secured credit card. This means that you will have to put up money up front ($500-$1000), and a bank like Bank of America or a credit union will issue a credit card.

Last edited:
My first was a secured card from Bank of America. I put down whatever amount (the least is $300), and that will be your limit. They will monitor your spending and see whether or not you pay your card off in time. If everything goes well in a year, they give you back the amount you originally put down. Also, Credit Karma is your best friend.

Last edited:
Credit card is this economy? 
laugh.gif
 ...get bank debit card and STACK, STACK, STACK. After a year your bank will give you a line of credit or a card if you are in good standing.
I know Sapphire or Slate are easy programs to get into. Works on the same premise as Capital One did.

Credit card is this economy? 
laugh.gif

...get bank debit card and STACK, STACK, STACK. After a year your bank will give you a line of credit or a card if you are in good standing.

That's what happened to me, I have Bank of America. I lost my debit card, went in, and they said I should apply for a credit card and I got one. I didn't even know
I had a credit score :lol: but I think that's your best bet.

OH and having a job

Last edited:
Don't do it, b.
Need a credit card to travel, even a small limit one like $250. Many hotels and car rentals won't let you rent without one or will hold an absurd amount of money or run a credit check like Hertz does

Just some credit cards you should apply for now.

Discover IT
Bank of America Better Balance or 1-2-3 Rewards

Chase freedom is a little harder to get. You typically need about a year's history with a credit card first.

One tip I'll give you is to apply for all of them on the same day on a from (Monday-Thursday).

Open up each application in a separate window. Fill out everything. Click the button to submit within seconds of each other.

If you do apply this way, there's a much lower probability that credit card companies can see you applying for other credit cards. They don't like this. It makes you look like you badly need credit. If you get denied, there's usually a number you can call to be reconsidered.

some helpful links for you.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/bd-p/creditcard
http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showforum=2

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom