In NYC, people are waiting 2 hours in line to eat a "cronut."

A croissant/doughnut hybrid doesn't appeal to me at all.

Big picture, so I'll put it in a spoiler:

bop0vcdccaaz8v_.jpeg

Makes no sense to me. :smh:

Link

More than two months after the Cronut emerged as a food craze, the trend is still gaining traction.

Every day, people stand in line for more than two hours before Dominique Ansel's bakery opens to get their hands on the croissant and donut hybrid.

Link

Had one a few weeks ago, but there wasn't a line. Pretty good, but not worth a 2 hour wait.

Guess I wont be having another until the hype dies.:lol:

The hype is real. :wow:

"Although the irresistible, cream-filled pastries from Dominique Ansel bakery have only been on sale since May 10, they’ve gained such a loyal following that the $5 delights, which are deep-fried in grapeseed oil, sell for as much as $40 each when purchased through special scalping services"

Only place in DC where people would wait on line like this is at G'Town Cupcakes (overrated). They got a line that at times, wraps around their building...plus they have security. :lol:

Only place in DC where people would wait on line like this is at G'Town Cupcakes (overrated). They got a line that at times, wraps around their building...plus they have security. :lol:

Severely overrated. I've seen Ben's stupid packed a few times before too.

Maybe I should change the thread title for foods in various cities that people wait a ridiculous amount of time in line for....

A friend of mine brought this up to me weeks ago, didn't believe him one bit.

Seeing that pic.. :smh: .

pinks hot dogs in LA?
Or the ice cream sandwich place in downtown LA ?
Also don't forget when folks were getting $60 parking tickets to get Pinkberry when they had only one location or folks chasing down and lining up for the Korean Taco truck :lol:

people wouldn't be doing this on the west coast.
pinks hot dogs in LA?
Or the ice cream sandwich place in downtown LA ?
I know a girl that would always scream "It's just a ******g hot dog!" anytime she was in the car with a bunch of friends when they passed by Pink's. One time she got caught slippin' after she screamed it and the driver had to stop at the light. Everyone in their car just shook their head in embarrassment as they just sat there in awkward silence.

I always see people lined up out the door and around the corner at 21 Choices.. I always laugh at those clowns. It's just frozen yogurt..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom