In the NBA...Blake Griffin has the potential to put up #'s like Shawn Kemp (on the court)

Is that a bad comparison? Both dudes were 6'9" - 6'10", and athletic as hell. I can see Griffin being a LEGIT 20/10 guy within a few yearsof being in the L. I just hope he goes to a team with a good young PG for him to grow with. Anyways....if the Kemp comparison is off, who would you comparehim to on the next level?

amare?
brand?
boozer?

he'll put up numbers (20/10, or closet) like those guys

33-42663-F.jpg

^Not bad on the McDyess comparison, Allen....I can see that too...

as far as Amare, Brand, and Boozer like DMan mentioned....I think he's going to be a MUCH better rebounder than Amare....and he's way more explosivethan both Brand and Boozer.

laugh.gif
at on the court

I like the pre-knee injuries McDyess comparison.

McDyess is beter on point a inside outside game for both. kemp is a FREAK athletic, griffin can get up there but he is no kemp in terms of that

but he will be a bum in the NBA for the record
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

The thunder are gonna land the 1 pick and draft him. With there second pick int he 1st round they will get Terrence Williams outa of Louisville.
Durant will balk up and gain 30+ pounds to be a legit 3-4.

In 2 years they will win the Nba Championship with this Lineup.

Westbrook
Williams
Green
Durant
Griffin.

This doesnt really have anything to do with the thread but i just figured id state the future. Yes Blake Griffin will be that good. Id say better then Kemp.

I don't see why people think he's gonna be a bum in the NBA... Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever...

Worst case, he follows the David Lee career path...

But you look at the progress he made from last year to this year, and you're gonna have a hard time convincing me he's not going to continue gettingbetter...

McDyess is a good comparison..but I believe he'll be better than McDyess is/ever was

And I don't see the Thunder getting him..it'll be Sacramento, LAC, or the Wizards

I just don't see Amare at all...

Blake's a damn good athlete, but he ain't Amare explosive... And he's way more physical...
And I don't see the Thunder getting him..it'll be Sacramento, LAC, or the Wizards
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
No chance his frame could support that kinda weight gain... Look at how thin he is... 30 pounds is substantial weight gain for ANYBODY, much lesssomebody with that kinda frame...

I usually think these hyped up college guys will be NBA busts, but not the case with Griffin. His explosiveness, high basketball IQ and coachability willmake him a very good NBA player. As for one of the other hyped up guys...Thabeet. I see him as a total bust. Once he gets to the NBA and plays against guyscloser his own size, he won't be able to guard anybody. His footwork stinks and he has absolutely no offensive skills. You have to be careful with thesecollege big guys who make an awesome career being dominant mostly becasue they are much bigger/taller than anyone else. The last college big guy I thoughtwould have a great career was Duncan. Didn't believe the hype on any other ones.

I know
laugh.gif
...it'd be terrible if one of those teams got him but having the Thunder inthe same division as the Timberwolves FTL
tired.gif

The Thunder have the 4th worst record in the league right now...they're in front of the three teams I listed above (Sacramento, LAC, and the Wizards) so ifthings stay like they are the rest of the season, I don't see them landing Griffin. Obviously, they could get lucky in the lottery, but I don't seeanything like that happening two years in a row

Also, I just want to point out that the Timberwolves could slowly move into the cellar..our record right now is 18-44
Since losing Jefferson,we're 1-12
sick.gif
..and obviously he's notcoming back this year so I only see our situation worsening
tired.gif

I'd compare him to a young Karl Malone. Similar bodies and athleticism. Malone didn't develop that J until a little later.

He is going to be a very good pro, all-star type player.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Blake's a damn good athlete, but he ain't Amare explosive... And he's way more physical...

Why do you think he's not Amare explosive? In what manner are you talking about, cause he's pretty damned
explosive from what I've seen.

Just wondering.

Originally Posted by gabers

Why do you think he's not Amare explosive? In what manner are you talking about, cause he's pretty damned explosive from what I've seen.

Just wondering.
Amare pre-microfracture was a
eek.gif
eek.gif
type athlete... Blake's a hell of an athlete for 6'9 or 6'10 and 260pounds, but he's not in that top-tier, super elite caliber athlete like young Amare was...

Why do you think he's not Amare explosive? In what manner are you talking about, cause he's pretty damned
explosive from what I've seen.

Just wondering.
Griffin is explosive. Of course he isn't pre-knee surgery Amare explosive, but Griffin has bounce. Their bodies and skillsets are very similartoo.

Griffin seems to be more cerebral than Amare.

I don't see Boozer at all.. They aren't even close to similar.

Why do you think he's not Amare explosive? In what manner are you talking about, cause he's pretty damned explosive from what I've seen.

Just wondering.
Amare pre-microfracture was a
eek.gif
eek.gif
type athlete... Blake's a hell of an athlete for 6'9 or 6'10 and 260 pounds, but he's not in that top-tier, super elite caliber athlete like young Amare was...

Nowitness, Amare was RARE...you have your top-tier, and then you have Amare, who is above that...like you said...pre-mircofracture dude was
sick.gif
....I still think that Blake Griffin will be considered a top-tier athlete fromthe 4. His atleticism IMO is off the charts.

Their bodies and skillsets are very similar too.

It seems like Griffin is at least 15-20 pounds heavier than Amare....

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

The thunder are gonna land the 1 pick and draft him. With there second pick int he 1st round they will get Terrence Williams outa of Louisville.

In 2 years they will win the Nba Championship with this Lineup.

Westbrook
Williams
Green
Durant
Griffin.

This doesnt really have anything to do with the thread but i just figured id state the future. Yes Blake Griffin will be that good. Id say better then Kemp.
laugh.gif

Wow at the Amare comparisons. Did we forget what he did to Tim Duncan before going under the knife in the playoffs?(I'm a Lakers fan BTW)

Back
Top Bottom