In the NBA...Blake Griffin has the potential to put up #'s like Shawn Kemp (on the court)

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Tyrus Thomas had absolutely no measurable skills at LSU... It as all athleticism and 'what if' potential...

Why will Blake Griffin have that same career path? What leads you to believe that's the case? It can't be because of what he's done at Oklahoma, or because he's severely lacking in the skills department and he's terribly raw like Thomas was... It can't be because he was a stiff, undersized, average athlete like Sheldan Williams was... What is it? Explain...
I'm just saying, Griffin will not be what you guys claim him to be in the NBA, IMO.
And I'm just asking... Why? There's GOT to be a reason you feel that way... What is it? Or are you just saying it to go against the grain?

I don't see the skills and potential in Griffin as you guys do. If he does end up being a superstar, so be it. But until then, this is my opinion.
i was leaning towards that opinion as well, mostly based on what i had seen from him last season... then i caught a couple Oklahoma games this season. i suggest you do the same.

dude is legit. i pray the Wizards get first pick.
I was in the same boat as Downtown as well..... needless to say I'm a believer now.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Tyrus Thomas had absolutely no measurable skills at LSU... It as all athleticism and 'what if' potential...

Why will Blake Griffin have that same career path? What leads you to believe that's the case? It can't be because of what he's done at Oklahoma, or because he's severely lacking in the skills department and he's terribly raw like Thomas was... It can't be because he was a stiff, undersized, average athlete like Sheldan Williams was... What is it? Explain...
I'm just saying, Griffin will not be what you guys claim him to be in the NBA, IMO.
And I'm just asking... Why? There's GOT to be a reason you feel that way... What is it? Or are you just saying it to go against the grain?

I don't see the skills and potential in Griffin as you guys do. If he does end up being a superstar, so be it. But until then, this is my opinion.
Bring your imaginary friend, you'll be alone on this one.

I didn't say that this was everyones opinion? I just said that this is MY opinion?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Is that a bad comparison? Both dudes were 6'9" - 6'10", and athletic as hell. I can see Griffin being a LEGIT 20/10 guy within a few years of being in the L. I just hope he goes to a team with a good young PG for him to grow with. Anyways....if the Kemp comparison is off, who would you compare him to on the next level?

Shawn Kemp was never ever even once a legit 20/10 guy.

'#'s like shawn kemp'

like shawn kemp's #'s were ever elite big men numbers and the standard to be compared to.

do your research before you go making stupid statements.
eyes.gif

Bamma, you're insane if you don't think that Griffin/Kemp don't have similiar skill sets...I didn't claim Kemp to be a 20/10 guy, so don'ttwist my words. #'s like Kemp would be around 18-20 ppg while grabbing over 10 boards per night...Also, I guess Kemp's numbers weren't"elite" enough for him to be selected to an All-Star game 6 seasons in a row....
indifferent.gif

I feel like I say this at least once a week but ill say it again....

smh.gif
Some of yall are idiots

he has the same skill set as the phx gorilla mascot and looks like him too

compared to amare he might not have better explosion but he can create his own shot 2x better than amare ever will.

gimme griffin over amare anyday

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Bring your imaginary friend, you'll be alone on this one.
I mean, he's not alone... I know others on this board have questioned Blake's ability to translate to the next level... But I've neverseen somebody actually say why they didn't think Blake would be successful at the next level... All you ever getis "I don't see the skills.." or "He's not a legitimate 6'10", and that'll take its toll!"

laugh.gif
I mean really... I don't care if that's your opinion...You're entitled to it. But at least be able to discuss why you feel that way...

Like I've said before, if you've watched him during the last two seasons at Oklahoma, it's night and day comparing this year to last year... Therehave been obvious improvements made to nearly every aspect of his game... He ain't just putting his shoulder in people's chest and overpowering peoplethis year... He's got a legitimate offensive skill set... He flashes a solid jumper from outside, though he still needs work with it... His ball handlingthis year is miles ahead of where it was last year... He's dominating basketball games on the boards... I honestly don't know what more people want tosee on the college level...

I mean, I guess yall are gassed off the last two years with what Kevin and Beasley did at the PF position in the Big XII, but if you're expecting Blake tostep out and knock down threes and take defenders off the dribble from the perimeter and all that, it's just not gonna happen... He just ain't the samekinda player as those guys... He's a more "traditional" PF, not a combo forward like Beasley or a guy playing outta position like Durant did atTexas... But he's dominating basketball games on nearly the same level those guys did in college...

Originally Posted by yungmatt

I feel like I say this at least once a week Second time saying it for the morning but ill say it again....

smh.gif
Some of yall are idiots

Karl Malone
Carlos Boozer
Shane Battier
roll.gif

I swear some of you never watch more that SC highlights of Griffin.

He's going to be garbage at the next level. Don't like him, so I'm crossing my fingers saying "Amen"

I think he'll be a solid player. not an all star level player, but he'll definitely help whatever team he's on. that being said, I pray my warriorsget him
sick.gif

Kemp is who I saw Griffin compared to in some ways. It still amazes me that alot of people think he's going to suck in the league because he can'tshoot FT's and doesn't have a jumper. If he can get with a young PG, that will be very deadly. Please give the Grizz some luck Stern.
tired.gif

He'll easily be a 20/10 player. He needs an 18ft jumpshot though. All great pf's have one.

That said, he's gonna be a beast because of his great motor. And I really hope he tries to dunk everything like he does in college.

Back
Top Bottom