In your opinion, who are the top 5 players in the MLB?

Including batters and pitchers, how would you rank the 5 best players in the Majors?

1. Miguel Cabrera - Annual triple crown threat, best hitter in the game today

2. Mike Trout - Top all-around blend of hitting, speed, and defense

3. Clayton Kershaw - Reigning NL Cy Young, tops in ERA and WHIP

4. Robinson Cano - Probably next best all-around threat to Trout, and plays gold-glove 2B

5. Buster Posey - MVP, 2 time World Series Champ, Rookie of the Year, and he's a catcher

Discuss...

Got no issue w/ 1 & 2....but you can make a case for guys like Crush Davis, Yadier Molina, Wainright, etc. being in that 3-5 mix.

Miguel Cabrera

Mike Trout

Robinson Cano

Carlos Gonzalez

Buster Posey

Cant put Davis on the list due to a career of mediocrity (to put it lightly), and only one year of elite performance.  Cant put a pitcher on this list, because, well, I wouldnt take a pitcher over any of these guys.

Last edited:
Miguel Cabrera
Mike Trout
Robinson Cano
Carlos Gonzalez
Buster Posey

Cant put Davis on the list due to a career of mediocrity (to put it lightly), and only one year of elite performance.  Cant put a pitcher on this list, because, well, I wouldnt take a pitcher over any of these guys.

If we're talking this year, Davis should be in that top-5, IMO.

Matty Kemp
J. Upton
Ellsbury
J-Hey Kid
Dom Brown
LOL

***EDIT***didnt see your other post.  This has to be your smart *** post I take it. 
laugh.gif

If we're talking this year, Davis should be in that top-5, IMO.
I can get behind this line of thinking.....but to take it a step further, if we are only talking about this year, how could Davis not be #1 or #2?

This year? Or all around?

This year would have to be Miggy, Trout, Davis, Gomez and CarGo to me.

Dland/DJ's I can't see myself putting CD over Trout or Miggy. As amazing as he's been this year.

Last edited:

Dland/DJ's I can't see myself putting CD over Trout or Miggy. As amazing as he's been this year.

I think CD is in the top 5, but he's not having a better year than Miggy/Trout.

The joke that is DC sports radio was comparing Bryce Harper to Mickey mantle the other day....not even realizing that Mike Trout even exists. :smh:

I'm surprised how many people are listing Buster Posey.

Yadi is not that far off in terms of the catcher position. Like having another manager on the diamond.

Including batters and pitchers, how would you rank the 5 best players in the Majors?

1. Miguel Cabrera - Annual triple crown threat, best hitter in the game today

2. Mike Trout - Top all-around blend of hitting, speed, and defense

3. Clayton Kershaw - Reigning NL Cy Young, tops in ERA and WHIP

4. Robinson Cano - Probably next best all-around threat to Trout, and plays gold-glove 2B

5. Buster Posey - MVP, 2 time World Series Champ, Rookie of the Year, and he's a catcher

Discuss...
got no problem with this. 

Miggy
Trout
Posey
Kershaw
Yadier

:lol: Josh Donaldson is barley top 5 in his position

1. miguel cabrera
2. mike trout
3. Buster posey
4. felix hernandez
5. adrian beltre

Kershaw > King Felix

don't kid yourself kershaw is getting help from pitching in the NL offenses

Lol ok. It's too bad he plays for such a sorry franchise! Love to watch him pitch

lol typical SF fan, gets beat in argument so trys to throw in a immature shot to make them feel better

I dont see how it is an indisputable fact that CD is not having a better season than Trout. Taking the names completely out of it, who is having the better season:

Batting Average: essentially a wash

Runs: essentially a wash

On Base %: essentially a wash

Slugging %: player A by a wide margin

Hits: essentially a wash

Doubles: essentially a wash

Triples: player B by a wide margin

Homeruns: player A by a wide margin

RBIs: player A by a wide margin

Steals:player B by a wide margin

WAR: essentially even

How are you guys saying that player B is having an indisputably better season than player A?  Judging by statistics, I would personally say you guys are wrong.

I dont see how it is an indisputable fact that CD is not having a better season than Trout. Taking the names completely out of it, who is having the better season:

Batting Average: essentially a wash
Runs: essentially a wash
On Base %: essentially a wash
Slugging %: player A by a wide margin
Hits: essentially a wash
Doubles: essentially a wash
Triples: player B by a wide margin
Homeruns: player A by a wide margin
RBIs: player A by a wide margin
Steals:player B by a wide margin
WAR: essentially even

How are you guys saying that player B is having an indisputably better season than player A?  Judging by statistics, I would personally say you guys are wrong.

because offense is only half of the game

Wouldn't have a problem with Wainwright cracking anyone's top-5. Pitching lights out.

Yu Darvish soon to join the elite pitching club with Kershaw and JV.

Back
Top Bottom