Indoor Practice Facility Collapses During Cowboy Practice... **Video on Pg 2**

Not sure whether it's players trapped, coaches trapped, spectators trapped... More details coming...

Hope everybody is OK...
tired.gif

The afternoon practice ended in horrifying fashion when the Cowboys' indoor facility collapsed.

While a violent thunderstorm pounded rain down on the roof, the lights started shaking back and forth. Then chaos broke out, as the facility collapsed and players, coaches, reporters and team personnel scrambled for safety.

Several people were trapped under the wreckage. Police and emergency personnel have arrived on the scene.

More to come.

JA beat me to it...

Glad it sounds like everybody is OK...

saw this when they interviewed jerry jones at the kentucky derby...didnt look to worried

dude that got hurt better get his @#$% together and get the best lawyer team he can find

Originally Posted by CasperJr

dude that got hurt better get his @#$% together and get the best lawyer team he can find

grin.gif
A tornado's winds supposedly caused that to occur, so not sure howfar a lawsuit would go.

eek.gif

Just saw the aerial pictures while watching the Kentucky Derby. I don't wish that on any team. Damn...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

grin.gif
A tornado's winds supposedly caused that to occur, so not sure how far a lawsuit would go.
according to NT anybody can get sued. i remember someone arguing that people who get hurt during games can sue

Four injured in collapse at Cowboys field
Comment Email Print Share
Associated Press

IRVING, Texas -- Four Dallas Cowboys staff members were injured Saturday when the roof of the team's indoor practice facility collapsed.

Cowboys spokesman Rich Dalrymple said all players and coaches were accounted for, and he didn't know the extent of the injuries to the four staff members,who were hospitalized.

Rescue personnel were still going through the debris to make sure everyone was accounted for, Dalrymple said.

Irving fire-rescue officials ordered all reporters and team personnel away from the immediate area.

The roof is a large air-supported canopy with aluminum frames covering a regulation 100-yard football field.

Power was out at the Valley Ranch facility.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

Originally Posted by vctry20

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

grin.gif
A tornado's winds supposedly caused that to occur, so not sure how far a lawsuit would go.
according to NT anybody can get sued. i remember someone arguing that people who get hurt during games can sue

a tornado in the midwest could be seen as a foreseeable accident. And if the building wasnt built to support that kind of wind, the person could sue.

Just seen the video, I would be so scared if I saw the roof collapsing right over my head like that.

Updates...

Cowboys special teams coach Joe DeCamillis was taken from Cowboys headquarters on a stretcher with a neck brace.
A 33-year-old man was impaled by an object and was taken to Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas in critical condition.

Two people were in serious condition at Parkland, one with a head injury and another who suffered neck and back injuries. Another person was in serious condition at Baylor Medical Center in Dallas with an open leg fracture. The others suffered injuries that were not life threatening.

Ten of the injured were taken by emergency vehicles. Two others went to hospitals on their own.

"This worked out very, very well from a medical point of view," said Dr. Paul Pepe, head of emergency medical services for Dallas County. "Right now, I think we don't have anybody who is in a life-threatening situation."

[snip]

[Nick] Eatman was hit by something and went down a few feet away, then heard someone screaming for help. He recognized it was Todd Archer of The Dallas Morning News.

Eatman and colleague Josh Ellis tried freeing Archer but the structure wouldn't budge. "It was like a car," Eatman said. Then safety DeAngelo Smith and linebacker Brandon Williams were able to get it up just enough for Archer to squirm out.

Couple of players with minor injuries, though names weren't given...

Back
Top Bottom