Infiniti M vs Lexus GS (2006 and up)

i would get an 08' Type S, KBP with black interior.
pimp.gif

between the two in your OP, i'd go with the lexus, though.

-waystinthyme

i would get an 08' Type S, KBP with black interior.
pimp.gif

between the two in your OP, i'd go with the lexus, though.

-waystinthyme

If u want the Type S .. get what you really want... Be patient.. right now u just want something... Im telling u from experience... get what you really want. That way u wont regret anything. If u cant find what u want.. just wait until u do.

If u want the Type S .. get what you really want... Be patient.. right now u just want something... Im telling u from experience... get what you really want. That way u wont regret anything. If u cant find what u want.. just wait until u do.

l.jpg
l.jpg
l.jpg
l.jpg
l.jpg

(Before)
l.jpg

(After)

The front end change out took a lil more parts than I was expecting. Bumper, grille, lower grille, and left & right fog bezels.

From another site:

2008 Infiniti M45 Sport Bumper - $275 (From a nearby shop - very good deal, the actual bumper usually goes for $330+)
Right Fog Light Lens [Part Number# 62256-EJ90C] - $45.51 (Quoted $89.20 from dealership)
Left Fog Light Lens [Part Number# 62257-EJ90C] - $47.73 (Quoted $93.54 from dealership)
2008 Infiniti M45 Grille [Part Number# 62310-EJ90B] - $235.98 (Quoted $332.50 from dealership)
2008 Infiniti M45 BOTTOM Grille [Part Number# 62254-EJ90A] - $93.22 (Quoted $156.62 from dealership)
2008 Grille Emblem - W/ Sport Package - $32.85

These parts can all be purchased off of http://www.InfinitiPartsUSA.com !!
Simply copy & paste the part numbers listed above into the search function on their website and they will pop up in their database.
And, as always, search eBay first to find potentially better prices.

My Preliminary Final Cost Breakdown:
All parts for bumper & actual bumper component $730.29
Cost for painting the 2008-2010 Sport bumper $320
Body shop installation fee/labor charges $141.20 (this cost can be removed if you choose to install the bumper yourself)

Total Cost: $1,191.49
I was able to lower my cost by finding some of the parts on Ebay and finding which Infiniti dealer in NY had the lowest price on the parts.  I cant really compare my cost because I had some other dents and dings worked out.  Installed and painted shouldn't run more than $300 (and that's pushing it). Also helps if you can put them on yourself or have a body shop hookup.  I also recovered some of my cost by selling the old grille and parts on Ebay.

I never really asked myself if I made the right decision because I'm sure I did.  The only thing is that V8 is nothing to play around with when it comes to gas, might wanna opt for the V6 M35.  Just like anyone with any other car, I got a lil used to it and wanted a new car so the new front end satisfied my thirst for a refresh.  I know someone personally who has a '06 GS and after being in that car, I would change my decision.  Hope this helps.

l.jpg
l.jpg
l.jpg
l.jpg
l.jpg

(Before)
l.jpg

(After)

The front end change out took a lil more parts than I was expecting. Bumper, grille, lower grille, and left & right fog bezels.

From another site:

2008 Infiniti M45 Sport Bumper - $275 (From a nearby shop - very good deal, the actual bumper usually goes for $330+)
Right Fog Light Lens [Part Number# 62256-EJ90C] - $45.51 (Quoted $89.20 from dealership)
Left Fog Light Lens [Part Number# 62257-EJ90C] - $47.73 (Quoted $93.54 from dealership)
2008 Infiniti M45 Grille [Part Number# 62310-EJ90B] - $235.98 (Quoted $332.50 from dealership)
2008 Infiniti M45 BOTTOM Grille [Part Number# 62254-EJ90A] - $93.22 (Quoted $156.62 from dealership)

Simply copy & paste the part numbers listed above into the search function on their website and they will pop up in their database.

Body shop installation fee/labor charges $141.20 (this cost can be removed if you choose to install the bumper yourself)

I was able to lower my cost by finding some of the parts on Ebay and finding which Infiniti dealer in NY had the lowest price on the parts.  I cant really compare my cost because I had some other dents and dings worked out.  Installed and painted shouldn't run more than $300 (and that's pushing it). Also helps if you can put them on yourself or have a body shop hookup.  I also recovered some of my cost by selling the old grille and parts on Ebay.

I never really asked myself if I made the right decision because I'm sure I did.  The only thing is that V8 is nothing to play around with when it comes to gas, might wanna opt for the V6 M35.  Just like anyone with any other car, I got a lil used to it and wanted a new car so the new front end satisfied my thirst for a refresh.  I know someone personally who has a '06 GS and after being in that car, I would change my decision.  Hope this helps.

Is there a such thing as High Mileage for a Lex? I use to look at ES joints, but for the price I could get an EX Accord with stupid low miles.

Is there a such thing as High Mileage for a Lex? I use to look at ES joints, but for the price I could get an EX Accord with stupid low miles.

I would wait until you find the car you really want.

But if I had to chose, I would get the M. Im a little biased because we had an 06' for 4 years and never had any major issues. The few times I did have issues, Infiniti's warranty covered everything. As stated previously, the gas mileage sucked but overall a great car.

I miss my M
frown.gif
Still in the Infiniti family tho, '11 FX35

I would wait until you find the car you really want.

But if I had to chose, I would get the M. Im a little biased because we had an 06' for 4 years and never had any major issues. The few times I did have issues, Infiniti's warranty covered everything. As stated previously, the gas mileage sucked but overall a great car.

I miss my M
frown.gif
Still in the Infiniti family tho, '11 FX35

Originally Posted by Mr718

(After)

From another site:

sick refresh...  so you are saying that you would have picked the GS?

Back
Top Bottom