Ingrown toenail :::yiiikes:::

Shouldn't have dropped the shoe, sike nah. But a year is a really long time fam, you should def get that checked out. Asap.

Originally Posted by HanSolo23

They have to amputate in most cases, good luck, go to the ER its free.

laugh.gif

Had one for just about a year on and off... swelling got so bad a did a mini surgery on myself with a scalpel and cured it for awhile and then wore a shoe that rubbed it and it came back 10 fold....suck it up and pay for the removal.... and no matter what they tell you get the whole thing removed or 50% not this 75 % bull
BECAUSE IT WILL COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to take the easy route, get a pedicure. It'll temporarily relieve the pain. They'll cut the nail from the sides and pull out any skin that has grown over your nail. That is what I do. I still need to go to the doctor because I have an infection from waiting too long.

Originally Posted by DinanBMW

My toenails are hella curved so I used to get them all the time. I think I've had them surgically remove ingrown toenails like 6 times from both my big toes. It doesn't really hurt when they take them off and it's nothing really major. Basically, they give you like 4 shots of anesthetic on your toe (which is the worst part) and depending on how bad it is, they'll either cut off half of your nail straight down the middle, or clip off the whole thing. Afterwards, when the anesthetic wears off it'll start to throb where they gave you the shots and hurt like a mofo, but never really the actual nail. You'll be able to walk on it the next day, you just have to keep cleaning it and junk so it doesn't get all funktified. I used to be so scared of needles that I used to ignore the pain with mine for months too until they actually got infected. It got to the point where I would get like this swollen growth %#% on my toe and I had no choice but to go to the doctor.

Glad to hear that.
Someone told me I wouldn't be able to walk on it for weeks.
How long was it before you were able to wear sneakers again?  

Go to a doctor.
laugh.gif
They can remove it and put you on antibiotics to prevent infection.

I can't believe you had it for a year.

ohwell.gif
 I have a doctors appointment friday morning, I also plan on going to see Lewis Black the same night and Ricky Smiley the following night.

get a pedicure(sp?)

or is it a manicure? lol

them Chinese ladies fixed my %!+* in like 2 mins...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Had one removed last year, it was like a 15 minute operation and I walked out, no pain for me... but I didn't wait a year to get it checked out, so yours might be a little different

Originally Posted by shaqtus92

Just googled ingrown toenail
sick.gif
 Good luck with that

sick.gif
ur dumb for having to look up pics
laugh.gif

eek.gif
A year fam? You def need to get that checked out. If it's real bad they'll have to amputate the toe. That's just worse case scenario though. I've had ingrown toe nails multiple times it sucks cuz i couldn't play ball. I had to get surgery on my big toe it was crazy cuz they inject you with anesthetics, the needles are fairly big (pause). It hurts like sh*t. They cut half of the nail and stitched up my toe. I couldn't wear sneakers or play ball for like a month. Good luck son.

This all natural cure worked for me. Place a piece of cotton under
the nail until it grows out and heals. Avoid tight fitting shoes.

Originally Posted by kicksgetmehigh

Glad to hear that.
Someone told me I wouldn't be able to walk on it for weeks.
How long was it before you were able to wear sneakers again?  

I think it was only a couple of days before I could wear sneakers again. Once the swelling goes down you'll be straight. What the other guy said about the gauze was right, though. Once the blood dries it gets stuck to the gauze and it hurts like hell trying to pull it off of your bare toe
sick.gif
. the tissue should harden in a few days and you should be good to go, though.

I had this in both of my big toes no matter how many times I dug them out they just grew back. It very painful as I'm sure you know, I had my two toenails permanently removed. It hurts for a little while but in the long run its worth it. I never have to deal with it again. And people never notice unless I tell them. good luck.

my doctor advised that i visited a podiatrist because i too had a recurring ingrown toenail... i still havent though because ive learned to remove it before it penetrates the flesh...

lol, i still need to though, but im lazy

i understand your pain though... your best bet is to visit a podiatrist

Back
Top Bottom