Insider Request: Don't ever cross Stern

Say what you want about the Stern, but the league would not be where it is without him today. He is easily the most positive influence amongst all of the major commissioners (though Goodell is creeping up).

^^^But me the viewer, dont need it to "be anywhere". I just need to watch good games. And for the whistle to not blow every damn trip down the court.

Originally Posted by Steve212

TJ Ford doesn't have a filter on his mouth. Hence why Toronto traded him, because he was not bashful about how he felt in regards to Jose Calderon replacing him in the starting lineup.

Nice article, and it is amazing how Steve Francis was making All-Star teams yearly, and now he's a washout at 33 years of age.
What exactly did he used to say about Calderon?

I doubt that "Player X" really knows what Stern and the GMs and owners do behind closed doors, many of the examples he mentions were never franchise players in the first place (Wells, Walker, Marbury, Francis) and simply cases where the initial judgement turned out to be wrong, and isiah got fired and the Knicks imploded because Isiah assembled a terrible and ill-fitting tea, but necessarily because Isiah was "willing to take some risks and give guys a second chance when his job was already on the line".

1. I wouldn't put it past David Stern to issue directives on who should/shouldn't be signed.
2. Bonzi Wells is a fat, injured 34 year old mediocre player with a gigantic contract who is known to be a bad lockerroom guy....that is why he isn't in the league.
3. Antoine Walker is fat, has no basketball IQ, shoots 35%, has a serious gambling problem, and commands top dollar....that is why he isn't in the league.
4. Stephon Marbury is literally insane and 33 years old. His talent once eclipsed his craziness, but no more.
5. Injured, 33 years old, and done.
6. Javaris Crittenton does nothing any time he does get on the court. Why would teams waste time and money on guys who don't do anything? For as much *****ing as people here do about JJ Bara, he is an MVP candidate compared to Crittenton.

Wait a minute...whoever this player is wrote an article, and said you don't want to cross Stern...then he backed up his point by saying NOTHING about how any of the players he mentioned ever crossed David Stern. All it talked about is guys who are bad locker room guys. So what's the point of this article? It basically says nothing.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Steve212

TJ Ford doesn't have a filter on his mouth. Hence why Toronto traded him, because he was not bashful about how he felt in regards to Jose Calderon replacing him in the starting lineup.

Nice article, and it is amazing how Steve Francis was making All-Star teams yearly, and now he's a washout at 33 years of age.
What exactly did he used to say about Calderon?

Basically saying he's better than JC, he should be starting, and overall made a pretty known who he felt should be starting, instead of saying his piece and keepin' it movin'.  CB4 couldn't save TJF from being traded, and he's the defacto GM of the team.  Articles and quotes coming when I get home  TJF will have a new address next season.

vodka99 wrote:
2. Bonzi Wells is a fat, injured 34 year old mediocre player with a gigantic contract who is known to be a bad lockerroom guy....that is why he isn't in the league.

He also spit in Danny Ferry's face, crapped on the Blazer(s) Nation, and gave Mike Fratello even more hairs in Memphis (along with Jason Williams). 

And no, Bonzi Wells wasn't a franchise guy, but he was a pillar in Portland, before he just rotted.  Sad.  I'll post his transgressions when I get home.  Funny stuff.

I dont know how much i believe this article....i think you can be a knuckle head all you want until your skills diminish....once there's a slight decline, then i can see it happening..

JR Smith is a prime example, he's still in the league and so is josh howard, ron artest, jamal tinsley and stephen jackson...

I just dont think teams are willing to pay the vet's minimum for 30+ year old locker room cancers who could be a negative influence...

Steph passed on a contact with the Celts though
ohwell.gif

This article is reaching hard. Not very credible.

Stern has done a good job as GM. The game has expanded dramatically under his watch and it is bigger than ever before. If I was Commissioner I would want all the trouble-makers out of my league as well. Has Stern made mistakes? Of course he has...but when you compare him to other commissioners, he is one of the best.

Of the 4 major sports I'd say it goes...
1. Tagliabue/Goodell
2. Stern
3. Selig
sick.gif

4. Bettman
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Carlos Tevez wrote:
Stern has done a good job as GM. The game has expanded dramatically under his watch and it is bigger than ever before. If I was Commissioner I would want all the trouble-makers out of my league as well. Has Stern made mistakes? Of course he has...but when you compare him to other commissioners, he is one of the best.

Of the 4 major sports I'd say it goes...
1. Tagliabue/Goodell
2. Stern
3. Selig
sick.gif

4. Bettman
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I'd put Stern number one for the reasons you stated, and his marketing of the NBA is insane.  NFL's marketing is 1B.  MLB marketing sucks. 

Originally Posted by DubA169

This article sounds 2 much like BS

most of the players were getting whack (francis, walker), getting crazy (marbury) or just pricks in the locker room.(bonzi) why the hell would ron artest still be playing if big bad stern has the conspiracy game on lock? wasn't birdman on CRACK? he was allowed to come back.

stern is shady but this article is OD

Originally Posted by vodka99

Allen Iverson & Barry Bonds
How did Mark McGwire get welcomed back into baseball after pleading the 5th before Congress when asked about steroids? How did he get a job as a hitting coach despite his alleged links to steroids yet Bonds gets treated like dirt? Iverson is being black-balled from the NBA because of his hip-hop image. Iverson came into the league with his “posse

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

How did Mark McGwire get welcomed back into baseball after pleading the 5th before Congress when asked about steroids? How did he get a job as a hitting coach despite his alleged links to steroids yet Bonds gets treated like dirt? Iverson is being black-balled from the NBA because of his hip-hop image. Iverson came into the league with his “posse

Originally Posted by JumpmanJordanAddict89

Originally Posted by sevenzro1

Originally Posted by JumpmanJordanAddict89

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

I dont know how much i believe this article....i think you can be a knuckle head all you want until your skills diminish....once there's a slight decline, then i can see it happening..

JR Smith is a prime example, he's still in the league and so is josh howard, ron artest, jamal tinsley and stephen jackson...

I just dont think teams are willing to pay the vet's minimum for 30+ year old locker room cancers who could be a negative influence...
JR sells tickets and has cleaned up his act alot .. it's the same reason why Birdman was given another chance
I think what the article is referring too are the fringe stars who are knuckleheads, douches and mess ups .. These players can still be sparkplugs/sixth men type players yet their at home waiting for that phone call
The part that's really interesting are players like Ricky Davis that put up a ton of points yet when you look at their careers stats it reads something like 8 teams in 11 years

Back
Top Bottom