Insoles for basketball shoes

Hello,
Im thinking of getting other insoles for my basketball shoes and I was wondering if anyone here has already tried this.

What insoles do you use?
Benefits of the insoles?
Do you replace the generic insole or just add them on?
If you just added them on did you have to go a half or full size up?

Thanks NT!

yo wut up i work at champs...u should use the cross trainer insole we sell.....i use it for basketball and baseball...all u do is remove the old insole andslip it in it goes by sizes so u have no problem...it has a heel absorber to reduce shock into ur heel as u jump up n gives u maximum comfort

for shoes that need more cushion (some adidas, non-zoom nikes) - spenco cross trainer
just for arch support, sofsole arch insole

I don't like the spenco cross trainers in shoes with zoom cuz its thick and I cant feel the zoom, but they are good for kicks with other cushioning systems

unfortunately we dont have spencos here where Im at, but I've seen sofsole athletic insoles. are they the same?
is the arch support for people with flat feet or the opposite? thanks!

i work at finishline and we have insoles dat come with a 30 day money back garuntee and have a 1 year replacement plan with them. so if u want to get some goodinsoles try sof-sole with finishline and da best one is called the "athlete".

your welcome

i use a support insole because most basketball shoes seem to have zero support. it properly supports the foot which corrects overpronation, evenly dispersesimpact through the legs, and reduces stress on the ankles, knees and hips.

i take out the insole that comes in the shoe because i feel like im sitting too high if i dont.

the nice part about these is that they are for support and not cushion so they are thin so i was able to keep wearing my normal size. the down side of mostinsoles mentioned above is that they are so thick that they throw off the fit of the shoe by either making a shoe that fits too tight or it causes your heel toslip because your heel is now sitting above the heel counter. making a shoe that fits too tight will cause you to go to a shoe thats too big which can causeall sorts of problems.

It sounds crazy at first, but I went to a professional foot doctor who specializes in custom orthotics. All the physical therapists in my area recommendhim. It cost me over $200, but was worth every penny. They have taken care of my heel pain and ankle problems that I had dealt with for years. I've hadthe same pair for almost three years and I'm sure they have many years left. I get them adjusted for free every so often and they are great. Theydon't provide any cushioning, but with shoes like Kobe's, Lebrons, Vomero's, BB's, they work perfect. In fact they make the shoes fit better.

^^^this guy knows what im talking about. its amazing what properly supporting your feet can do for your body.

Originally Posted by rayban776

It sounds crazy at first, but I went to a professional foot doctor who specializes in custom orthotics. All the physical therapists in my area recommend him. It cost me over $200, but was worth every penny. They have taken care of my heel pain and ankle problems that I had dealt with for years. I've had the same pair for almost three years and I'm sure they have many years left. I get them adjusted for free every so often and they are great. They don't provide any cushioning, but with shoes like Kobe's, Lebrons, Vomero's, BB's, they work perfect. In fact they make the shoes fit better.

^ Absolutely correct. It was worth every penny. As far as I can tell the orthotics I wear have helped (not eliminated) chronic knee pain and a bulged disk Ihave. I wear them for every day use because I am on my feet a lot, and I wear them for anything athletic.

hey, 100 posts..... too bad i have been here for 2.5 years!

Back
Top Bottom