Instagram Is Allowing Creators To Lock Posts and Reels Behind a Paywall

The platform’s Subscriptions feature previously only applied to Lives, Stories and Badges. Creators determine a set monthly subscription cost of up to $100 USD maximum and followers sign up to subscribe via a button on their profile.

Subscriptions are now also applicable to Reels, Posts, Chats and a special subscriber-exclusive homepage. CEO Adam Mosseri announced the update in a video posted to social media.

“Subscriptions are a great way for creators to have a predictable income and for fans to get exclusive content from creators that they love,” he wrote in the caption.

Mosseri said tens of thousands of Instagram creators have accessed the subscription program since it debuted earlier this year.

Feed posts will show a purple badge in the corner to indicate that only subscribers can view them. As for the chat option, creators can create group DMs of up to 30 of their subscribers that will automatically end after 24 hours.

Subscribers will be able to head to a separate homepage from the creator’s feed, where all subscriber-only content will be located.

Instagram bout to be the new ********

Y'all think only fans is detrimental to society?

My friend thinks no bc he said people were gonna do it regardless in real life, if not online. The only difference is now you can monetize it online.

Srs question.

My friend thinks no bc he said people were gonna do it regardless in real life, if not online. The only difference is now you can monetize it online.

Srs question.

People were gonna do what exactly? :nerd:

And this IG update is trash if they don’t allow x-rated content.

People were gonna do what exactly? :nerd:

And this IG update is trash if they don’t allow x-rated content.

Eh its the same concept basically as people who have patreons. Extra content (non x-rated) and other stuff they could have easily included in their original video or whatever but chose to leave it for their patreon.

Personally, I think its dumb and unless you are a BIG BIG influencer then you are doing yourself a disservice making your followers pay for extra ****. People woudnt wanna **** with you. If you are HUGE, I can see this model bringing in extra cash.

Serious question not that it bothers me but how is IG able to blatantly steal ideas from other companies and consistently get away with it? Like they literally took Snapchat stories, TikTok’s (reels), and now they’re coming for OnlyFriends with this

Serious question not that it bothers me but how is IG able to blatantly steal ideas from other companies and consistently get away with it? Like they literally took Snapchat stories, TikTok’s (reels), and now they’re coming for OnlyFriends with this

Everyone copies everyone, theres no patents on video sharing apps lol.

Srs question.

Probably an exaggeration but it sometimes feels like we're trending towards a Read Player One type of existence :lol:

Coming for Patreon and ********. Not tripping, everything is going to get leaked regardless of where Persephanii and her ilk upload

Folks been on tiktokfor a minute. Is ig still cool with the kids?

Tiktok is def bigger but IG still alive and well. Ability to post stories and pics is underrated. I personally like IG more, I cant be watching videos all day.

Tiktok is def bigger but IG still alive and well. Ability to post stories and pics is underrated. I personally like IG more, I cant be watching videos all day.

I prefer IG just because it's at least mostly visual still. I know they wanna push reels and stories, but still...

Perhaps I'm ignorant to TiKTok since I don't use it but all the once I see shared on IG are Know-it-all's who give unsolicited advice, mostly useless "hacks", staged videos and the same lip syncing/dancing. All of which I do not find mindlessly entertaining enough to watch.

I prefer IG just because it's at least mostly visual still. I know they wanna push reels and stories, but still...

Perhaps I'm ignorant to TiKTok since I don't use it but all the once I see shared on IG are Know-it-all's who give unsolicited advice, mostly useless "hacks", staged videos and the same lip syncing/dancing. All of which I do not find mindlessly entertaining enough to watch.

IMO if its trendy or popular enough on TikTok its gonna make its way to IG anyways so im not “missing out” on anything. If TikTok were able to put stories or just post pics then IG may have a problem.

Thats the whole reason I like IG, I like pictures. I follow a lot of fashion related stuff and videos of fits and all that is cool but id like to see just plain pics also. Sometimes I dont have the attention span for a video either. On top of that stories is always nice to watch, more personal.

Srs question.

Nah.

Humans have exchanged money and goods for sex for thousands of years.

Back
Top Bottom