Instant 1 million dollars vs. 50% chance of 100 million

Green button for sure. Wouldn't have to work again.

I'm assuming the money isn't tax free so the 1 mill is really 500K and I would immediately pay off my loans and have a little less than 400K left. A very large sum to receive at one time of course but not a long term life changer - still would continue working in my chosen field

This isn't a reasonable question and imo anyone who takes the million is a fool. 10 million would be a better question. 1 million is not a lot of money although it seems like it. If the money gets taxed you're looking at what 650k? Once I pay off my immediate families school loans and the family house and whatever other expenses are plaguing us we'd be lucky to have 100k left in the bank. It's just not enough money to really change your life and get ahead of the curve. Meanwhile, 100 million dollars can change your entire families lives for not just years but generations. Gotta take that 50/50 chance.
its tax free b calm down

give me the million, ill go throw it on black and see where my life takes me from there.

I'll take the millie and work it out myself. If you go for that 100 mil and DON'T get, you'll regret that for the rest of your life.

Regret blowing cash>>>>>>>>>Regret not taking cash.

I'm assuming the money isn't tax free so the 1 mill is really 500K and I would immediately pay off my loans and have a little less than 400K left. A very large sum to receive at one time of course but not a long term life changer - still would continue working in my chosen field

tax free money or not

guaranteed money>>>chance to WIN money.

tax free money or not

So let's change it to guaranteed 100K vs a 50% chance to win $10 billion.

Would you still take the guaranteed money? Purposely using a ridiculous comparison.

People are in different situations so the amount of money means doesn't mean the same to everyone.

I'm not rich but I'm fortunate enough to be in a situation where $1 million wouldn't drastically change my life. $100 mill would and I'll take that 50%.

Would you still take the guaranteed money? Purposely using a ridiculous comparison.
People are in different situations so the amount of money means doesn't mean the same to everyone.
I'm not rich but I'm fortunate enough to be in a situation where $1 million wouldn't drastically change my life. $100 mill would and I'll take that 50%.

C'mon that's too easy of a decision brah...

Real ish. 10K would change my life for the better.

With that said guaranteed money>>>>>>>>>>>>possible, maybe if I'm lucky money.

Green button...

could increase the already money i have

red button would not add that much..

C'mon that's too easy of a decision brah...

That's my point. The amount of money means different things to different people.

Just like 100K wouldn't drastically change my life neither would 1 mill

100 million and 10 billion obviously would.

But it could be different for other people so it's not as cut as dry as guaranteed money >> possible money

im gonna have to agree with zyzz

if you dont have neither to begin with...............

tax free money or not

$100k is nothing though, id def jump at the chance to win $10 billion i mean who wouldnt?

$1 mill is 10x the amount of $100k, theres a difference.

I'd go red button.
1 mil is a lot of money.
I feel like I'm being too greedy with gambling on the other button.

Back
Top Bottom