Instant 1 million dollars vs. 50% chance of 100 million

Hey I will gladly work for any of yall that tell me a mill can be made that easy. Please PM me and I will send the resume over to start.
So who paying a mill per year here? Hyper??? What kind of work?

Who said anything about easy?

People want things, but few are willing to put the work in.

You want a million dollars, go get it.

Million. It would motivate me to work even harder.

..This reminds me of the wealthy Father who left his two boys an option to have a bag w/ a penny & a bag w/ a Million dollars. Of course this example doesn't totally relate, but I can side w/ flipping my mill.

You all realize 7 figures is not so easy to flip right? Its not like grabbing some Yeezys and selling them on eBay.

For all yall saying a mill is attainable, so is a 100 mill. Anything is possible if your grind is monster. The bottom line is that no matter what your financial picture right this instance you can get a guarantee of a mill vs the possibility of 100 mill.

I respect yall though, no guts no glory..but I myself will make that mill work..turn 1 to 2 2 to 4 4 to more

damn I want to see a game show like this but it would have to be 10 mill

For all yall saying a mill is attainable, so is a 100 mill. Anything is possible if your grind is monster. The bottom line is that no matter what your financial picture right this instance you can get a guarantee of a mill vs the possibility of 100 mill.
I respect yall though, no guts no glory..but I myself will make that mill work..turn 1 to 2 2 to 4 4 to more
damn I want to see a game show like this but it would have to be 10 mill

I see what you're saying, but 1M doesn't change anything for me right now.

Literally nothing about my life would change.

I would still be eating, dressing, etc, the same.

Honestly, I don't know if much would change if I won the 100M.

New hobbies would probably include going to the mall and slapping people with stacks of money for the **** of it, though.

I don't need much outside of my house, car and video games.

Last edited by a moderator:
give me the million, ill go throw it on black and see where my life takes me from there.
My dude if you're gonna use the million to gamble just press the green button.
laugh.gif

Did these fools say a mil is easy to attain...

Go do it... don't worry ...

We'll wait...

Basic math says the 50% chance at $100 million yields a higher expected payout than a guaranteed $1 million. But, I'm willing to bet most of those saying they would take the gamble are only saying that because the situation is hypothetical.
There is a economics paper published in the American Economic Review by Charles Holt and Susan Laury called "Risk Aversion and Incentive Effects." In this paper, they carried out experiments where participants chose between gambles similar to this one (slightly different in that participants were choosing between two lotteries, rather than a sure thing and a lottery), albeit on a much smaller scale, in both hypothetical situations and real situations (where the participants actually walked away with cash based on their decisions and the outcome of the gamble).
The results of their experiment show that subjects show increased risk aversion (i.e. they prefer sure things to gambles) when the situation switched from hypothetical to real. Their work was novel because the amounts they used for the gambles were in hundreds of dollars. I believe the highest payoff was $385 for a participant. These amounts are much higher than what subjects earn in a typical econ experiment (around $30).

Repped.
Here is a pdf link if anyone is interested.

http://www.hss.caltech.edu/~pbs/expfinance/Readings/HoltLaury2002.pdf

With a strong dual income family attaining a mill will take less than 10 years.

I'll take my chances on the 100mill no doubt. I could use an early retirement.

With a strong dual income family attaining a mill will take less than 10 years.

I'll take my chances on the 100mill no doubt. I could use an early retirement.

yea but that money your making your spending on bills and necessities, this is free money WHILE your still working...

1 million. Not taking my chances.

Pay off the house, school, etc.

Back
Top Bottom