insurance companies will delay covering children with pre-exisiting conditions

i'm starting to think the health care bill was a chess move by democrats. once these billion dollar companies decide to spit in the face of americans and pass off the debt, americans will be DEMANDING for regulation

[h1]Coverage Now for Sick Children? Check Fine Print[/h1][h6]By ROBERT PEAR[/h6][h6]Published: March 28, 2010[/h6]
WASHINGTON — Just days after President Obamasigned the new health care law, insurance companies are already arguingthat, at least for now, they do not have to provide one of the benefitsthat the president calls a centerpiece of the law: coverage for certainchildren with pre-existing conditions.

Mr. Obama, speaking at a health care rally in northern Virginia onMarch 19, said, “Starting this year, insurance companies will be bannedforever from denying coverage to children with pre-existingconditions.

These insurance dudes are sick but than again its a double edged sword. I wish we lived in a perfect world were the government could be the insurance company from day 1 instead of a business or corporation with money motives. Insurance should be about helping people from sickness not about greed.

certain things can't be strictly for profit because a for profit company works for shareholders not the public good.

education and health care come to mind.

It was definitely a chess move by the democrats. To think President Obama ignored the public option as a mistake would be a fallacy. The public option is coming, and its coming fast.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

It was definitely a chess move by the democrats. To think President Obama ignored the public option as a mistake would be a fallacy. The public option is coming, and its coming fast.
Not to be a %*#+... That is a naive assumption

Originally Posted by DubA169

they could have passed the public option through reconciliation?

Yep. Last count they had 55 votes for the public option in the Senate

Originally Posted by Essential1

First, they didn't have 55 votes. That's a breadth of naivety. If you knew anything, President Obama made back door deals that did not include a public option. So congress knew this and signed on just to sign on. It's an election year, so the right thing to do would be to sign a petition for something that wasn't going to happen in the first place.
In addition, in the HCR bill, there's a mandate requiring all states to have a public option by 2017, hence the SOON reference.

where did you hear that 2017 thing?
Sorry not 2017, but 2014. 
It's a mandate for states to expand Medicare coverage, hence the current lawsuits from various states.

First, they didn't have 55 votes. That's a breadth of naivety. If you knew anything, President Obama made back door deals that did not include a public option. So congress knew this and signed on just to sign on. It's an election year, so the right thing to do would be to sign a petition for something that wasn't going to happen in the first place.
In addition, in the HCR bill, there's a mandate requiring all states to have a public option by 2017, hence the SOON reference.
If I knew anything.. Dude I live politics.. Senators have been begging Obama to support them on the public option.. In particular Harry Reid has begged him numerous times to get behind him for the public option, and if he did that he could get it passed.... In an election year it would be smart to pass what people like.. Go check 9 out of 10 polls it says people whole-heartedly support the public option.

And there is NO PUBLIC OPTION NOWHERE AND THERE WILL NOT BE.... If there was the progressives who have argued about the public option would have complained..

51 Senators sorry, 131 in the house.. On record..

http://whipcongress.com/

51 Senators enough for reconciliation...

progressives will never head to the streets. demonstrations and voting booths like conservatives

just won't happen. unless there is a draft

progressives will never head to the streets. demonstrations and voting booths like conservatives

just won't happen. unless there is a draft

There's some truth to that statement....

But it doesn't indicate where the country stands though..

The country is neither Progressive or Conservative it is right down the middle...  DC on the other hand is highly conservative, we can all thank the corporate $$$$ for that

Just so happens that the people who like to whine and complain about stuff are Conservatives... Must be something with older age..

ok i need some help, my stupid government teacher shoves all these republican views down our throat and forces us to watch the o'reilly show for the 1st 15 minutes of every class and brags about how fox news is the greatest news station ever and is not bias at all and only tells the truth and shows both sides of the story(sorry for the run on), keeps telling us how horrible the health care bill is. I need something so i can shut him up and prove to him that obama is not out to destroy US. I consistently argue with him about everything else that i have knowledge about but honestly have no idea about this bill so i stay quiet. He rambles on about how the democrats exclude themselves from the bill and they dont even believe in it but are forcing us to use it. So inform me guys

Originally Posted by paliplaya2010

ok i need some help, my stupid government teacher shoves all these republican views down our throat and forces us to watch the o'reilly show for the 1st 15 minutes of every class and brags about how fox news is the greatest news station ever and is not bias at all and only tells the truth and shows both sides of the story(sorry for the run on), keeps telling us how horrible the health care bill is. I need something so i can shut him up and prove to him that obama is not out to destroy US. I consistently argue with him about everything else that i have knowledge about but honestly have no idea about this bill so i stay quiet. He rambles on about how the democrats exclude themselves from the bill and they dont even believe in it but are forcing us to use it. So inform me guys
my advice is don't argue with the guy because he is your professor....He is absolutely wrong.. But the guy makes you watch O'Reilly Factor and thinks it is not biased... No winning...

If I knew anything.. Dude I live politics.. Senators have been begging Obama to support them on the public option.. In particular Harry Reid has begged him numerous times to get behind him for the public option, and if he did that he could get it passed.... In an election year it would be smart to pass what people like.. Go check 9 out of 10 polls it says people whole-heartedly support the public option.

And there is NO PUBLIC OPTION NOWHERE AND THERE WILL NOT BE.... If there was the progressives who have argued about the public option would have complained..

If you lived politics, you would know that the list you just posted... many of those senators never said "Yes, I support the public option via reconciliation." More like, "uhm, of course I support the public option, but I wouldn't vote for it." And for the record, if a mandate for states to let people buy into Medicare isn't a public option, then there's country called Puerto Rico you should visit with your friend Rush.

This is why you read bills before you vote on them. This is false rage. The loop whole was put there for a reason.

If you lived politics, you would know that the list you just posted... many of those senators never said "Yes, I support the public option via reconciliation." More like, "uhm, of course I support the public option, but I wouldn't vote for it." And for the record, if a mandate for states to let people buy into Medicare isn't a public option, then there's country called Puerto Rico you should visit with your friend Rush.
Dude I'm probably one of the most progressive people on this board.. I despise Rush Limbaugh.. If I had to use the word HATE, he would be in it...

On the list I agree politics is the game of talk but if it were to come up for vote you could have those Senators voting public option......

And the mandate is only an amendment could be killed quickly.. Introduced by Alan Grayson.... So the chance of it surviving is slim... And I love Alan Grayson..

Fingers crossed though...

Needs to be the main part of the bill not an amendment..

Originally Posted by paliplaya2010

my advice is don't argue with the guy because he is your professor....He is absolutely wrong.. But the guy makes you watch O'Reilly Factor and thinks it is not biased... No winning...
i have a 95 in the class, we have 5 tests the whole year and he lets us make a cheat sheet so im good, i really despise the man and enjoy making him look stupid. last class he told us that Guantanamo bay was a good prison because they have tvs and i was like they torture people there. his response was it only happened 3 times. I also asked him to prove something happened, it was some statement he mad and i forgot, he told me to prove it didnt happen. I laughed at him and said great come back. BTW this is a college professor that comes to our high school and teaches us so we can receive a college credit. I hope not all professors are as ignorant as he is.

Dude I'm probably one of the most progressive people on this board.. I despise Rush Limbaugh.. If I had to use the word HATE, he would be in it...

On the list I agree politics is the game of talk but if it were to come up for vote you could have those Senators voting public option......

And the mandate is only an amendment could be killed quickly.. Introduced by Alan Grayson.... So the chance of it surviving is slim... And I love Alan Grayson..

I know you're progressive. I was toying with you lol. 
But anyone can add that insurers not wanting to cover children is an incentive to include a public option, soon, which is bound to happen. Sebelius seems to be on her game.

they make so much money.. so sad to see how they operate or are allowed to work in that fashion.

I know you're progressive. I was toying with you lol. 
But anyone can add that insurers not wanting to cover children is an incentive to include a public option, soon, which is bound to happen. Sebelius seems to be on her game.

Pretty much we're holding on to the hope lol...I see what you are saying now.. Basically let the insurance companies react poorly to the bill and since it starts in 2014 they can say wellllllllllllllllllllllllllll we are repealing it for the public option... It is a BIG STRETCH.. But anything is possible.. I don't think that is their path because unfortunately Democrats are by nature *******... But if it is they have pulled a rope a dope.. But again I doubt it

Howard Dean would have came in and killed this already.. Sebelius isn't bad though.. At least she is not Rahm...

Back
Top Bottom