Intelligent Hoodlum/Tragedy's first album Da Illmatic BEFORE Illmatic, ya Agree?

intelligent_hoodlum.jpg

i mean this album came up on my ipod and i with da politlically charged lyrics, superb production from Marley Marl, and overall vibe of this joint i tend toagree..t

his album was
dna_rgb.gif
that help create one of da best albums known to manthat is

illmatic.jpg

intelligent_hoodlum.jpg

i mean this album came up on my ipod and i with da politlically charged lyrics, superb production from Marley Marl, and overall vibe of this joint i tend toagree..t

his album was
dna_rgb.gif
that help create one of da best albums known to manthat is

illmatic.jpg

I always felt like Tragedy had a greater influence on Nas' MCing pre-1996 than Rakim... or any other rapper for that matter. Laid-back, intelligent streetpoetics
pimp.gif

That being said, I don't think Illmatic mirrors Intelligent Hoodlum to that degree.

I always felt like Tragedy had a greater influence on Nas' MCing pre-1996 than Rakim... or any other rapper for that matter. Laid-back, intelligent streetpoetics
pimp.gif

That being said, I don't think Illmatic mirrors Intelligent Hoodlum to that degree.

Never heard the album. I'll give it a try..

side note: I dont understand you use "da" instead of "the". I swear, it throws da whole balance of your sentences off.
see what I mean? not that I really care tho lol.

side note: I dont understand you use "da" instead of "the". I swear, it throws da whole balance of your sentences off.
see what I mean? not that I really care tho lol.

Originally Posted by red mpls

I always felt like Tragedy had a greater influence on Nas' MCing pre-1996 than Rakim...
i've Always felt that way also. i also felt tragedy dumbed down his image with blend in with da harder edge QB acts that came out after likemobb deep, CNN, etc.

you gonna love it.

Originally Posted by red mpls

I always felt like Tragedy had a greater influence on Nas' MCing pre-1996 than Rakim...
i've Always felt that way also. i also felt tragedy dumbed down his image with blend in with da harder edge QB acts that came out after likemobb deep, CNN, etc.

you gonna love it.

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

Ennnh not really.

Even though Tragedy did coin the term "Illmatic".
i see too much similarity to just pass it off as erroneous....just like da example stated above..

Back
Top Bottom