Intelligent Hoodlum/Tragedy's first album Da Illmatic BEFORE Illmatic, ya Agree?

intelligent_hoodlum.jpg

i mean this album came up on my ipod and i with da politlically charged lyrics, superb production from Marley Marl, and overall vibe of this joint i tend toagree..t

his album was
dna_rgb.gif
that help create one of da best albums known to manthat is

illmatic.jpg

I always felt like Tragedy had a greater influence on Nas' MCing pre-1996 than Rakim... or any other rapper for that matter. Laid-back, intelligent streetpoetics
pimp.gif

That being said, I don't think Illmatic mirrors Intelligent Hoodlum to that degree.

Never heard the album. I'll give it a try..

side note: I dont understand you use "da" instead of "the". I swear, it throws da whole balance of your sentences off.
see what I mean? not that I really care tho lol.

Originally Posted by red mpls

I always felt like Tragedy had a greater influence on Nas' MCing pre-1996 than Rakim...
i've Always felt that way also. i also felt tragedy dumbed down his image with blend in with da harder edge QB acts that came out after likemobb deep, CNN, etc.

Never heard the album. I'll give it a try..
you gonna love it.

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

Ennnh not really.

Even though Tragedy did coin the term "Illmatic".
i see too much similarity to just pass it off as erroneous....just like da example stated above..

I agree, I felt this way for a while. My man Tragedy came off with the same vibe Nas had on Illmatic (just a young dude from the hood spitting about theworld/whats around him); even Nas admits that the
Juice Crew was one of his biggest influences from seeing them around the projects all the time; and since Tragedy was the youngest and still lived in the hoodhe's probably who Nas related to the most.

QB has different stages/levels of skill... I would put Tragedy and Nas in the same category even though Nas is the better rapper, the realness of Tragedy makesup for it. Dude never gets the credit he deserves. Been turning heads since his very first joint with Marley Marl (A Tragedy) then he got locked before hereally blew with the Juice Crew. Dude even has 2 joints with JMT and obliterates both... Now he's locked again after dropping a DOPE album
smh.gif
Can'twait for 2011 and the fire he's writing in the pen. BTW... his mailing address is on his myspace so you can send/visit him if you want.

Another dude you should check out if you like Tragedy is Killa Sha
pimp.gif

and if anyone hasn't seen his documentary yet...... vvvvv

Yeah no doubt Nas was influenced by him

Dope album i must say, copped the re-release cd last year

51A3D2h5i2L._AA240_.jpg

Originally Posted by ninjahood

i also felt tragedy dumbed down his image with blend in with da harder edge QB acts that came out after like
mobb deep, CNN, etc.

I see what your saying but, Tragedy always had a rough life dude just changed it up after getting locked. He started rapping more grimey before Mobb Deep andCNN blew. He still wasn't spitting no nelly raps though, after he converted to Islam dude was on the militant/political tip for a while... he's thereason CNN/The War Report are what they are. Then in his later albums, they are filled with political commentary. Honestly, as dope as the intelligent hoodlumwas, I prefer Tragedy Khadafi.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

his mailing address is on his myspace so you can send/visit him if you want.
oh word? sounds like something to do in da summer.
pimp.gif

Yup. You just gotta email his wife first so she can arrange it and see if he wants to see you.

p.s. if you haven't written to Mahdi, please do so! Every letter gives a positive Aura and energy to him.

PERCY ABDUL-MUTA'ALI CHAPMAN
07A7101
SING SING CORR FAC
354 HUNTER STREET
OSSINING, NEW YORK, USA 10562-5442

Ay we should write to trag, imma *%+! around and send duke a kite tellin him that a classic album such as intelligent hoodlum is a gift that keepson giving...i mean it came out in 1990

and we in 2009, so we appreciate it.
pimp.gif

I'm writing him a long $@! letter right now.
pimp.gif

He got caught up with a drug charge and they gave him the max of 4 years.

Back
Top Bottom