Interesting ESPN story about shoeheads

nice find! cool pics too! good article for introducing a little bit about sneaker culture to the general sports public.

I mean...Ok.. And? Good for him getting an article done on him, but come on man. Plenty of people with bigger and more diverse collections than that. 1am forthe Fire Red's huh?? Hype much? $212 on FC a few years later. I guess I was up at 6am for those, but 1?? Not trying to hate but I have a couple hundredpairs of kicks and feel like my collection is pitiful compared to a lot of you guys. Just don't see it warranting an ESPN article. And a great way to getrobbed too. I have a sh!tload of J's in my house; come rob me! Here's my face, you've seen me, just follow me to the treasure!

Originally Posted by retrowear23

He gave us a shout out, nice
yep
pimp.gif

cool article.

Its a good collection better than mine but most of his kicks are pretty beat, I just think if they were gonna do an article on a sneakerhead they should havesomeone with a much bigger and better collection

Originally Posted by bdub253

I mean...Ok.. And? Good for him getting an article done on him, but come on man. Plenty of people with bigger and more diverse collections than that. 1am for the Fire Red's huh?? Hype much? $212 on FC a few years later. I guess I was up at 6am for those, but 1?? Not trying to hate but I have a couple hundred pairs of kicks and feel like my collection is pitiful compared to a lot of you guys. Just don't see it warranting an ESPN article. And a great way to get robbed too. I have a sh!tload of J's in my house; come rob me! Here's my face, you've seen me, just follow me to the treasure!
it was a debut column for people who collects sports items. so to begin this new section why not interview someone who actually works for espn andcollects sports item... in this case jordans. i'm saying why not, people been collecting jordans for years. good start in my opinion.

Thanks everyone for reading the article. For those who liked the read, you are absolutely correct, this was definitely a good step in the right direction justto give the general public a glimpse into a sneaker collector's life. For those drinking that hater juice, I don't remember saying or reading anythingin the article about me having the largest, best, or rarest sneaker collection. This is ONE guy's take onHIS experience collecting sneakers and when things are written it is referring to ME, not the entire population of sneaker heads. Everyone deserves to be proud of their own collection in their own way.

One last thing on the point of being a reseller...my point was that every collector puts a value on the items they collect. In this case its sneakers, and youcan't tell me that you don't know how much your shoes are worth because who knows one day what you'll need the money for...

Back
Top Bottom