Interesting infographic on Music sales 1981-2011

Joined Sep 26, 2001
Reminds me of Pacman and obviously Pacquaio is on steroids, but there's no way Mayweather could beat Roy Jones Jr in a rap battle. I don't know why you bring that up again, OP, you're crazy.

Joined Dec 29, 2004
Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Reminds me of Pacman and obviously Pacquaio is on steroids, but there's no way Mayweather could beat Roy Jones Jr in a rap battle. I don't know why you bring that up again, OP, you're crazy.
potato 

Joined Jan 3, 2009
Had to watch a couple times, thats cool though. I still buy CDs
surprised cassettes lasted that long

Joined Apr 2, 2009
What is kiosk? And I'm guessing subscription is like pandora , realplayer, amazon music, things like that right?

Joined Aug 2, 2008
Pretty interesting. CD singles only managed to become 2.2% of the music market at one point?

xtapolapacetl

Banned
Joined Aug 8, 2006
It's surprising to see that CDs are losing so much ground considering that the audio quality is so much superior. There was a period in the early and mid 00s where I haven't really listened to a CD for several years and have been listening to MP3s only. But after I listened to a CD again with headphones, I was shocked to find out how much better it sounded.

Owning a physical copy of music you really like >
The same goes for movies. And games.

Notice how LP is coming back on that chart BTW.

Joined Dec 7, 2007
i use to hate having to carry 3-4 cds with me to school just so i could have a solid rotation.

Joined Jul 16, 2002
lol I remember when I thought CDs were futurist looking....way back in the early 90s
you were doing it if you had the sony walkman too lol

times change

b smooth 202

Banned
Joined Dec 21, 2004
the game is changing for the better but competition is at an all time high....take a good glimpse at the industry because your are witnessing a true transformation..

so many artists before us have been exploited, worked and toured to the bone while the corporate executives benefited off the soul of the music....the relationship of production is changing the dynamic of our lives...we have control now.

Top Bottom