Interesting infographic on Music sales 1981-2011

funny-graphs-cds-are-too-mainstream.gif

Reminds me of Pacman and obviously Pacquaio is on steroids, but there's no way Mayweather could beat Roy Jones Jr in a rap battle. I don't know why you bring that up again, OP, you're crazy.

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Reminds me of Pacman and obviously Pacquaio is on steroids, but there's no way Mayweather could beat Roy Jones Jr in a rap battle. I don't know why you bring that up again, OP, you're crazy.

potato 

Had to watch a couple times, thats cool though. I still buy CDs
grin.gif
surprised cassettes lasted that long

What is kiosk? And I'm guessing subscription is like pandora , realplayer, amazon music, things like that right?

Pretty interesting. CD singles only managed to become 2.2% of the music market at one point?

It's surprising to see that CDs are losing so much ground considering that the audio quality is so much superior. There was a period in the early and mid 00s where I haven't really listened to a CD for several years and have been listening to MP3s only. But after I listened to a CD again with headphones, I was shocked to find out how much better it sounded.

Owning a physical copy of music you really like >
The same goes for movies. And games.

Notice how LP is coming back on that chart BTW.

i use to hate having to carry 3-4 cds with me to school just so i could have a solid rotation.

lol I remember when I thought CDs were futurist looking....way back in the early 90s
you were doing it if you had the sony walkman too lol

times change

the game is changing for the better but competition is at an all time high....take a good glimpse at the industry because your are witnessing a true transformation..

so many artists before us have been exploited, worked and toured to the bone while the corporate executives benefited off the soul of the music....the relationship of production is changing the dynamic of our lives...we have control now.

Back
Top Bottom