Interscope Records loses $25 Million on Lady Gaga's ARTPOP Album as sales dip

I was just thinking how garbage that song with r Kelly was the other day. None of the singles she released really stuck out to me this time around

Lady Gaga will be ok. At the end of the day she can actually sing, play the piano and write her own own music. Sure the L.E.S. Madonna shock value shtick is played out but talent can always find its way back

she has a big @#$. Hopefully she makes a tape to stay relevant instead of continuing to make trash music

I read this yesterday and I don't believe this article. Maybe it's true but I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that a label would spend 25 million on a CD. Whether they invest 1 mil or 25 mil, I don't think there's gonna be much of a difference in sales and concerts. Most labels don't do this anymore because they know better, especially Interscope so this is interesting.
No disrespect but you have no idea how serious this record is to the label bro.  Even the lower end workers at Distribution got a ton of materials and pressure to put out as much word on the album as possible.  Frankly I'd never seen anything like it.  There's a TouchTunes partnership, a mobile app, singles getting promoted bigger than a lot of other artists' completed albums...seriously the push for Artpop was just massive.  Meaning they had to have put a ton into it.

$25m I dunno about but I know for a FACT and from personal experience in music that this record has gotten as much push as any other major release of the past couple of years.  Insterscope in a lot of ways is their company's golden child label, if you imagine the other labels (Def Jam, Capitol, etc) as siblings under one parent.  So it's only natural that the biggest artist on the biggest label would get a colossal push.

I read this yesterday and I don't believe this article. Maybe it's true but I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that a label would spend 25 million on a CD. Whether they invest 1 mil or 25 mil, I don't think there's gonna be much of a difference in sales and concerts. Most labels don't do this anymore because they know better, especially Interscope so this is interesting.
No disrespect but you have no idea how serious this record is to the label bro.  Even the lower end workers at Distribution got a ton of materials and pressure to put out as much word on the album as possible.  Frankly I'd never seen anything like it.  There's a TouchTunes partnership, a mobile app, singles getting promoted bigger than a lot of other artists' completed albums...seriously the push for Artpop was just massive.  Meaning they had to have put a ton into it.

$25m I dunno about but I know for a FACT and from personal experience in music that this record has gotten as much push as any other major release of the past couple of years.  Insterscope in a lot of ways is their company's golden child label, if you imagine the other labels (Def Jam, Capitol, etc) as siblings under one parent.  So it's only natural that the biggest artist on the biggest label would get a colossal push.

I don't believe 25 million. I'm sure they invested plenty in this album and more than most artists this year. Labels are extremely cheap now and don't open up budgets. I don't believe it was 25 mil, even 5 mil sounds foolish in 2013. This article coming out is even promo :lol:

Her song with R.Kelly is crack :smokin

Music been trash since BTW.

Just make catchy pop music babygurl.

Get RedOne on the beats again.

Label will def spend 25 milly on an album since labels are getting money now from tours (360 deals) and the Lady Gaga tour will always do exceptional

But yeah no doubt about it Artpop is a flop in the industry's eyes

the most disturbing thing i got from this article is that they made her record an album three different times... One of the biggest stars out their and yet she has no control

the most disturbing thing i got from this article is that they made her record an album three different times... One of the biggest stars out their and yet she has no control

I'm sure you have to been in the music game for years and do good business(like Justin Timberlake) to call your own shots. She's popular but not there yet.

Label will def spend 25 milly on an album since labels are getting money now from tours (360 deals) and the Lady Gaga tour will always do exceptional

But yeah no doubt about it Artpop is a flop in the industry's eyes

Not every deal is a 360. Not sure what her's is.

I agree with what Drones said in that I'm sure it was a MASSIVE priority for them, especially heading into the holidays.

And all these sales could start bouncing back after Thanksgiving and through Xmas etc.

25 Mil just still seems OD to me even for a high priority at a label. That could be a company's net profit for a year.

But the structure of her deal ("360" or not) would change how much a label is willing to invest.

Her album will go platinum in less than 6 months, she has the best team behind her. She'll be back on tour soon, they'll make their money back.

Her album will go platinum in less than 6 months, she has the best team behind her. She'll be back on tour soon, they'll make their money back.

This

+

"applause" and "Venus" are good singles but do they even have music videos to promote the visual of the songs? I hear those tracks everywhere but I don't feel Gaga's presence promotion wise like I did with "Fame", "Fame Monster", and "Born This Way". I honestly thought Gaga would do no less than 800,000. I am really shocked at these low numbers. This is really amazing. Lady Gaga must be sick right now :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom