Interview at Finish Line tommorow...

So i needed a second/summer job and finish line called me bac. Kind of a dumb question but what should i wear? I dont really do the business look all thatmuch. Lol its only finish line right? And do they give p tests? And what do they start off at in ny? Thanks yo.

1. You should wear, at the very least, some nice jeans and a nice button up. Maybe wear some of your nicer sneakers to show that you like shoes and will alwaysbe knowledgeable about them (to cut their training costs.)

2. Them giving a test depends on your age. 18+? It's more likely than not.

3. Pay is usually negotiable in all jobs, unless it's stated before hand. If they ask "what would you like your starting wage to be," don'tgo too far above minimum wage. You're applying for a summer job, so they'll be looking to get the best possible person for the least amount of money.

Originally Posted by Lex Rockhead

So i needed a second/summer job and finish line called me bac. Kind of a dumb question but what should i wear? I dont really do the business look all that much. Lol its only finish line right? And do they give p tests? And what do they start off at in ny? Thanks yo.

I don't think you need to dress up for any job under 10/hour
laugh.gif

Not sure what you definition of business look is? I'm assuming shirt and tie, or suit. So, I'd just go with some khakis/black slacks, casual shoes anda polo or dress shirt. I've seen people get the job in jeans though. It really depends on your location and if you already know the hiring managers. (youcould say that for any job)

wear nice pants and a nice shirt...you don't have to do suit and tie but you do want to look good...don't wear sneakers...

when i worked there they didn't test us but they did ask if you would be willing to take a test...

i think i got 7.50

I think making sure that your entire appearance is neat and organized is enough. Some darkwash jeans, a nice polo, and your best shoes should do. As for thepee test, I would go in with the assumption they'll be giving you one, that way if they do you were expecting it and if they don't oh well.

you may not be the only person looking for the job so wear a tie button up and khakis. just to show your professional

Originally Posted by soltheman

1. You should wear, at the very least, some nice jeans and a nice button up. Maybe wear some of your nicer sneakers to show that you like shoes and will always be knowledgeable about them (to cut their training costs.)

3. Pay is usually negotiable in all jobs, unless it's stated before hand. If they ask "what would you like your starting wage to be," don't go too far above minimum wage. You're applying for a summer job, so they'll be looking to get the best possible person for the least amount of money.
Dude pretty much summed it all up.

Originally Posted by soltheman

1. You should wear, at the very least, some nice jeans and a nice button up. Maybe wear some of your nicer sneakers to show that you like shoes and will always be knowledgeable about them (to cut their training costs.)

3. Pay is usually negotiable in all jobs, unless it's stated before hand. If they ask "what would you like your starting wage to be," don't go too far above minimum wage. You're applying for a summer job, so they'll be looking to get the best possible person for the least amount of money.
ad don't forget to tell 'em that you're actually into sneakers..

I've heard that wearing nice sneakers can help your chances of getting the job for a shoe store interview.

Originally Posted by AF1 Beast

I've heard that wearing nice sneakers can help your chances of getting the job for a shoe store interview.

not true...Jordans sell themselves...they don't care that you're a sneakerhead
eyes.gif
if you can't sell Shox and PhatFarms it doesn't matter...i saw my oldmanager send dudes home for wearing jeans to the interview...if anything 'sneakerheads' are a hassle cuz all they really want is a discount...

ITS A TRAP
dont do it unless u really dont care about being told that "your going to get fired" for not selling 10% of accessories with what ever pair of shoesyou sell . i used to be a store manager at finishline they lured me away from nike. im no longer there cause i hated that simple fact that i had to beassertive about FORCING employees to sell scuff and stain cleaner. but if your doing it for a summer job its koo

Originally Posted by eight2one

Originally Posted by WavieCrocket

you may not be the only person looking for the job so wear a tie button up and khakis. just to show your professional
you at least got a tie some decent slacks and some lace up black dress shoes right
grin.gif

Yall got me havin serious doubts about this now
laugh.gif

i had soooo much fun working there...but i knew half the people before i started...that's where i got my sn from (peep the avy) the push you to sellaccessories but socks were BOGO the whole year i worked there so it wasn't that bad...its easy...i used to love to use that table thing to fold shirts
laugh.gif
thats all i did at one point...i would come in and just fold all theshirts that came in shipment...

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Yall got me havin serious doubts about this now
laugh.gif

i had soooo much fun working there...but i knew half the people before i started...that's where i got my sn from (peep the avy) the push you to sell accessories but socks were BOGO the whole year i worked there so it wasn't that bad...its easy...i used to love to use that table thing to fold shirts
laugh.gif
thats all i did at one point...i would come in and just fold all the shirts that came in shipment...
[color= rgb(204, 153, 0)]Word, joint was crack when I worked there too. Actually wish I couldhave that job back right now, cuz I'm hella broke by not working throughout the summer
frown.gif
[/color]

Back
Top Bottom