Interview next Monday for a Vans store... UPDATE 3/2/10

Okay so I've never done an interview...at all only a play one in my business class but this is a group interview and my question is....

What do I wear and how do I present myself?

I know it seems sad but I took business my freshman year and I forgot everything they taught me,the only reason I have my current job is because of references from family so I got to skip the interview deal.

We should have an official thread for interview tips, dress code, etc. This comes up way too often.

in a group interview you wanna stand out...

if you have answer for the question speak up...try to answer before everyone else cuz chances are they will 'take your answer' and you'll be sitting there looking dumb cuz someone already said what you wanted to say...if they do take your answer maybe try to add on if you can...

dont wear jeans unless they told you to...some spots ask you to come dressed like you would for work so they can check your style...

UPDATE 3/2/10

So I went did the interview it was an EPIC waste of time!

I get up there,5 people are already sitting down waiting for the manager to come out.

She comes out introduces herself and such and goes on to asks us the stupidest questions in the world!

She asks us "What's your favorite Vans shoe and how does it describe you?"

And one of the dudes had the nerve to asks "Can we skip a question?" But I know they'll call him before the call me

One dude worked at Old Navy and some fat white chick worked at a Chilli's and they were both answering these question like nothing.

But the thing is the fat chick WOULD NOT SHUT UP ABOUT CHILLI'S every question no matter what she'd say "Well in Chilli's" even for the shoe question 
grin.gif

The other dude was straight advertising himself "Yeah I got a mixtape droppin soon,youtube me" and he kept lying through his teeth....I could tell because he kept moving his hands and looking around nervously.

But I know those 2 are getting called back

I've given hope on being called back if I'm gonna work with people that stupid.....
smh.gif

I'm not getting called back I know that FOR A FACT chick looks like she'd be a mean %@% manager anyways.

Originally Posted by ErickM713

The other dude was straight advertising himself "Yeah I got a mixtape droppin soon,youtube me" and he kept lying through his teeth....I could tell because he kept moving his hands and looking around nervously.
eek.gif
eddostar was at your interview?

Back
Top Bottom