interview with Best Buy today. Any tips?

like the title says, I got an interview with Best Buy later today. Anyone got any useful tips? Or has any one worked there, what's it like?

-The Juice

It's not going to be difficult. If you can work the hours they give, You're hired.

Be different, come confident.

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

It's not going to be difficult. If you can work the hours they give, You're hired.

Be different, come confident.

Goldman Sachs approved.

Just be on your feet and ready to pitch some ideas. During the interview for the electronics department, they wanted me to imitate how I'd sell a camera to a customer.

They are real big on internal theft. Say you are totally against theft, it goes against your morals, and that you are confident and enjoy talking to people.

Say that you're excited to work for an innovative company, and show respect for Best Buy's steps for becoming more environmentally friendly such as their recycling program.

If they make you do a quick role play where you are the salesman, be sure to be smooth and comfortable, and smile a lot during the interview.

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

get a better job .

pimp.gif

best reply so far.

Spoiler [+]
indifferent.gif

thanks for the help people
-The Juice

They start the interview on top asking you questions , you have to flip it so your asking them the questions.

Nailed the view
pimp.gif

Dude started out acting real serious in the interview, he asked one question "What department would you like to work in?" I said, "video games or Home Theatre." Turns out, the guy was a huge gamer. We spent the whole time talking about Gamefly, MW2, Fallout, and FIFA. The guy was like, "We just spent the whole time talking about games. F it I am not going to ask you any of these BS questions. You're solid man, I will call you on Monday for a second interview but don't worry you should be all set for the job. Congrats."

I diddy bopped my as out of there. Can't wait to start rockin the BB collard shirt, my veins bleed blue now
laugh.gif

-The Juice

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

Nailed the view
pimp.gif

Dude started out acting real serious in the interview, he asked one question "What department would you like to work in?" I said, "video games or Home Theatre." Turns out, the guy was a huge gamer. We spent the whole time talking about Gamefly, MW2, Fallout, and FIFA. The guy was like, "We just spent the whole time talking about games. F it I am not going to ask you any of these BS questions. You're solid man, I will call you on Monday for a second interview but don't worry you should be all set for the job. Congrats."

I diddy bopped my as out of there. Can't wait to start rockin the BB collard shirt, my veins bleed blue now
laugh.gif

-The Juice

Congrats bro.
Whats our discount lookin like?

Need a home theatre system.

Nailed the view
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

-The Juice

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just curious, I'm trying to get a full-time summer job. How'd you get the interview? Did you apply online and get a call?

I've applied countless times to bestbuy with the online application(
mad.gif
longest application ever)...

Originally Posted by Diego

Congrats bro.
Whats our discount lookin like?

Need a home theatre system.
I am not sure, I think it's 30%. I heard employees do not get discounts on big ticket items like TVs and stereos. I dunno if that's true or not though.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by derventa

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just curious, I'm trying to get a full-time summer job. How'd you get the interview? Did you apply online and get a call?

I've applied countless times to bestbuy with the online application(
mad.gif
longest application ever)...
I got lucky actually, my friend works at a Best Buy downtown, she told me they let go a BUNCH of people for theft and very low performance at a couple locations around me. So I applied to every BB in my area, and yes the application process was so f'in ridiculous. I got a call like 5 days later from 2 locations (one that I just interviewed for today, and I actually have ANOTHER BB interview on Saturday in downtown Chicago.)

Yeah man I just applied online and they called me, I think it was just right timing.

-The Juice

congrats on getting the job, but don't make it a career. I used to work there while I went to school, and the actual job sucked, but some of the people were cool. My advice, get out of retail period, but if ur young, go for it. just try not to spend too much of your check there. trust me, being around all that crap all day long makes u wanna have it, but it gets old quick. As far as discounts, u won't get one for the first 30 days, but after that, u get (i think) 10% above cost. on certain items u get a ton off, like accessories from geek squad, dynex, (best buy owned brands) etc. On certain items u get hardly anything off, like computers/laptops. DVD's and videogames u get about $5-6 off. Car audio u get pretty good deals, almost half off, but I haven't worked there since 2006.

Originally Posted by nicapino

congrats on getting the job, but don't make it a career. I used to work there while I went to school, and the actual job sucked, but some of the people were cool. My advice, get out of retail period, but if ur young, go for it. just try not to spend too much of your check there. trust me, being around all that crap all day long makes u wanna have it, but it gets old quick. As far as discounts, u won't get one for the first 30 days, but after that, u get (i think) 10% above cost. on certain items u get a ton off, like accessories from geek squad, dynex, (best buy owned brands) etc. On certain items u get hardly anything off, like computers/laptops. DVD's and videogames u get about $5-6 off. Car audio u get pretty good deals, almost half off, but I haven't worked there since 2006.

Curious as to why you thought the job sucked?

-The Juice

Thats good, I'm currently a best buy employee. The discounts are really good. Just be on top of everything espcially selling warranties to customers. What ever you do don't work in the Computer section it get rough if you can't handle peckring customers. actually its $10 off video games. Discounts on TV's are the truth though.

I work inventory there, all the sales people wanna come in the warehouse because we just chill & listen to music. Discount is aweseome...certain brands of tv's you can get like 200$ off.  Overall it's a cool job, but I don't plan on staying very long...the way they schedule sucks..at least at my store.  Sometimes they would change my schedule like a day before my actual shift..after I've already made plans & they're not supposed to do that.
mad.gif

laugh.gif

-The Juice

If only Coporate was reading that..
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom