Investing apps (Acorns, Stash, etc) - gimmicks or legit?

Thread title is the question I pose. Insight is appreciated. If any are worth using, I wouldn't mind throwing some random $ into it and see if/how it builds.

:emoji_money_with_wings::emoji_moneybag:

If you struggle at saving any money it’s good to help you save some...But if your gonna invest some money might as well start a robinhood account I haven’t gotten hit with any fees buying or selling. I believe acorns charges a dollar per month under a certain amount.

I think they'e very useful for people who don't really understand/aren't into the market. I work in financial services and could easily manage my IRA myself but opt to keep it with a Robo advisor. It's a much cheaper option than trading it myself and I've been pleased with the performance so far.

antidope antidope I definitely fall into that bracket of not really understanding/aren't into the market. Would ya recommend any of these apps?

joe billionaire joe billionaire so Robinhood is the move over the others?

2FF9AA17-C1F4-43B0-BA7A-E713B77FB0C2.png

For the microsavings category, we think Acorns is best service available.

Acorns is a good start if you have little to invest or need a nudge to start investing without affecting your lifestyle, though the monthly deposits are way too small to be considered a serious method for saving towards retirement.

Betterment is a better option for larger deposit amounts with lower annual fees. In response to Acorns’ microsavings service, Betterment has SmartDeposit, automating investing once your bank account is above a specified dollar amount.

However, there is nothing stopping you from using both services to boost your savings rate. Ultimately, most individuals don’t save enough for a rainy day, and Acorns will help start you down this path.

antidope antidope I definitely fall into that bracket of not really understanding/aren't into the market. Would ya recommend any of these apps?

joe billionaire joe billionaire so Robinhood is the move over the others?
I use betterment for mine. Something I love about them that I'm not sure anyone else is doing is that they invest every dollar and hold no cash ever.

I already invest, but I started using Acorn last year as a "fun way" to just to have extra vacation money. Fortunately, I end up not even using it whenever we've gone away, so it's been growing pretty nicely:lol:

I agree it's a nice little way for people to get their feet wet about this whole investing concept and wish something like that was around when I was younger.

Back
Top Bottom