iPad Mini Thread vol. Every Inch an iPad

You're buying her a gift that she wants. Why does NT need to sell you on it?
Because I asked! Was that a horrible thing to do?

^
laugh.gif
was thinking the same thing. she clearly WANTS an iPad mini & not a substitute, just buy her the damn thing

Who said anything about her not considering a substitute?
Post this years pics of her by the tree
devil.gif
nerd.gif

no retina...
not worth the money, why release a product with an old screen while everything else has retina.
If it was $200... sure but for $350 after taxes and it doesnt even have a retina? :rofl:
because some people want a 7" Apple tablet NOW & judging by the 5+ million of these they've sold in less than 6 months, PLENTY of people don't care about the lack of Retina display. these were sold out of Apple stores ALL HOLIDAY SEASON LONG while regular iPads sat. let that marinate

you're acting like you can't use an iPad mini now, sell it slightly below MSRP before the next model comes out, & get the new joint by adding $50 or so :smh:

people been doing it with iPhones since the 3GS

^ :smh: have you even used one?

iPad Mini has a higher pixel density than iPad 2 (163 PPI vs 132 PPI). Unlike the iPad 2, it has 5 MP and 1.2 MP cameras and the Lightning connector. The audio processor in iPad Mini is the same found in iPhone 5 and iPad 4th generation, which allows the iPad Mini to have Siri and voice dictation unlike the iPad 2. The iPad Mini has a revised version of the PowerVR SGX543 series, with dual core graphics.

it's NOT outdated, has better internal parts than the iPad 2 did, Siri, a Lightning port for faster syncs, & revised audio/video processors on the level of the iPhone 5

no retina...

not worth the money, why release a product with an old screen while everything else has retina.

If it was $200... sure but for $350 after taxes and it doesnt even have a retina? :rofl:

Siddown. It's well worth the money. It does just about everything and the smaller form factor makes it the perfect size for his girl's purse. I have had mine since launch and I use it more than I did the regular sized iPad. Games are great on here. Videochatting. Movie watching. Yea, it may not have retina but you don't notice it.

NightMarcher, just buy one at retail. They are pretty much readily available at Apple.com (1 week turnaround). You might even be able to find one in store since the holiday rush is over.

Last edited:
^ exactly man. my roommate has the regular-size iPad, he'd let me use it in the backyard & s*** but I haven't touched it since I got my mini (he's even thinking of selling it & copping a 64GB mini). the smaller screen makes it PERFECT for gaming & the battery life is great

Last edited:
iPad Mini has a higher pixel density than iPad 2 (163 PPI vs 132 PPI). Unlike the iPad 2, it has 5 MP and 1.2 MP cameras and the Lightning connector. The audio processor in iPad Mini is the same found in iPhone 5 and iPad 4th generation, which allows the iPad Mini to have Siri and voice dictation unlike the iPad 2. The iPad Mini has a revised version of the PowerVR SGX543 series, with dual core graphics.
it's NOT outdated, has better internal parts than the iPad 2 did, Siri, a Lightning port for faster syncs, & revised audio/video processors on the level of the iPhone 5

With all of that being said, the iPad mini still uses an A5 chip whereas the 4 contains the updated A6X. Sorry, but no dice. That's like buying a new retina MBP with all of the new bells and whistles but operating with an older Intel Core 2 duo at a premium price, instead of newer Sandy Bridge i3/5/7 processors.

Yeah, a ton of people bought it during the holiday season and it's popular. Congrats if you enjoy it. But I, for one, won't shell out $330 bucks for something that should have been even better.

no retina...

So by your logic, the new retina MBP's are better than the optical MBP's?

Hardly. The screen isn't even that special. I have an iPhone 5, MBP and iPad mini and there's no difference when juggling through devices...

Your eyes can barely tell with the pixel density.

The thing is damn near $200 cheaper. Retina display ain't that special considering...

This isn't like jumping from a 3g to a 4.

But scratch all that. Anyone know of a good snap case for this thing? I hate those sleeves/smart covers. I need something that snaps on the back/incase slider type of case.

Last edited:
Got my baby girl one for Christmas

Best "toy" I could have ever bought her.. She's two and she loves it!

Hey does anyone know where i can download some comics for my mini.  I need some regular books too.  I downloaded some comics from a few different places but they all come up in the program " Text " on my MB.  Does anyone know if im not formatting them correctly or if there is a good site i can just get them strait from? 
eek.gif

^ there's not really a central app for it, but I have 4 on mine. just get the Marvel, DC, TMNT, & Transformers apps. you can buy issues thru each app (usually $1-3 each)

Last edited:
/\ i rock with the speck folio case from target.. thing is perfect. 34.99

And yes go sumwhere with that retina display talk... jus go pit a mini beside a4th gen reg ipad... speed n screen is so close it dont eem matter

Use my mini more than any other tablet ive tried. Bigger ipads. Xoom. Galaxy tab.. mini>

Had mine since launch.
Posting from it right now.
Thing is perfectly sized.
Swooped up a Rocketfish folio type case for it at Best Buy.

^ there's not really a central app for it, but I have 4 on mine. just get the Marvel, DC, TMNT, & Transformers apps. you can buy issues thru each app (usually $1-3 each)
Lol I was trying to avoid paying for anything . Their comic books you know.  But great good to know info .  Thanks.

Retina display is FANTASTIC, no doubt. You can really see it on the iPhone 5 compared to a crapdroid (disclosure: reformed android fanboy). However, the display on the Mini is excellent.

What's the bang for buck speakers for the Mini? I watch a lot of movies and the Mini's speakers aren't loud enough for me.

Nevermind... i'm SOLD on the Dre Beats Pill

Fast forward to 5 minutes if you just want to hear the sound quality being played outside.

Last edited:
Buying a mini soon. A few questions

Does it have a good camera? Like on the iPad 3, because iPad 2 camera sucks
Does it have a good picture? Reviews say it's trash compared to other mini tablets.

I've gone to best buy, and HH Gregg and played around with one. It seems like a good thing to have around

Fast forward to 5 minutes if you just want to hear the sound quality being played outside.

Don't buy the beats pill, my friend bought one thinking it would be great like the beatbox. It's terrible. She hates it, I had to check it out. It's really not that good..

Gf just came back from Mexico and we exchanged gifts the other day

I was really surprised she got me an ipad mini, black, 32g... I mean I don't really NEED it, but I'm loving it more and more everyday :lol:

But I hate how short the charging cable is...

I'm about to go through this thread, any cool tips, or apps?

On another note, my iPhone 4 feels so damn small after using the ipad for awhile lol

And for the dude asking about the camera, it's alright, not as good as the iPhone camera of course

Don't buy the beats pill, my friend bought one thinking it would be great like the beatbox. It's terrible. She hates it, I had to check it out. It's really not that good..

Ofcourse it won't be as good as the beatbox, the beatbox is wayyyyy bigger and wayyyy more expensive!

But for the size and clarity, I say the Pill wins. Unless someone can suggest something better?

I want some small and portable. Something I can take with me anywhere I got without having to be a hassle.

EDIT: Really liking the JBL Flip now!

Last edited:
I'm tempted to get the mini when the next version comes out. My N7 is just collecting dust for the most part. I don't know why but I enjoy using my ipad2 more than my Nexus. The virtual keyboard is designed way better and the apps available are too.

Back
Top Bottom