iPad pop up issue... Am I alone here?

If I sit on a page for too long I get this:

View media item 1001709
That sends me here

View media item 1001710

I use my iPad to browse NT 95% of the time so this is an issue for me.

This is the only site that gives me this problem.

Am I the only one experiencing this? Or what can I do to make it stop?

*edit* when I come back to safari... This is popped up

View media item 1001724

This issue just started today... And I've tried all your standard reset stuff

Last edited:
Doesn't happen to me.

But that last screenshot happened to me when I was on IE. Don't axe me why I was on IE, but it redirected me to that exact page. Doesn't happen in Firefox or Chrome though.

No youre not alone..its like this on my iphone. I think its a ios thing. Already pm'ed meth about it, hes looking into it

It's only happened to me once, but the problem has been reported to Huddler and they're looking in to it. 

In the meantime, I suggest that you browse the site from a desktop computer when possible.  

I've been getting that a lot.  I've been getting this non-stop for the past 15 minutes or so:

Oh...and I'm on my desktop right now.

Last edited:
"It's only happened to me once, but the problem has been reported to Huddler and they're looking in to it.

In the meantime, I suggest that you browse the site from a desktop computer when possible."

That site redirection is happening to me on the desktop when using ie

Pretty much anytime I browse on my phone I get popups for random installations and "virus checks". They redirect me to the play store or to a page with warnings and random ****.

Not a fan.

Happens to me all the time. Can't browse for a few minutes without it redirecting me to the App Store. Really frustrating.

When you use a lot of different ad networks, tracking down the one bad ad in the mix can be quite difficult and time consuming.  Huddler's working on it and I know they're doing their best to get this issue sorted as soon as possible.  They've done a good job of weeding out previous app store pop ups and any autoplaying audio ads that we've brought to their attention.  I expect they'll take care of this in a timely manner as well.  

However, it's our job to pursue every avenue to prevent a recurrence of this if possible - and there is one feature already within the platform that we haven't yet made use of that could help:  ad free subscriptions.

For a casual user, the odds of ever running in to a rogue ad are fairly slim, so ad supported services just make sense for them.  Regulars who visit the site hundreds of times in a day, however, could stand to benefit from a subscription model.  If we remove the ads entirely for subscribers, you'd have an even better browsing experience and the odds of encountering a rogue ad would be effectively zero.  I think the only form of ads shown to those in an "ad free subscription" group would be the direct site sponsor units, which we have 100% control over.  

Is that something you would be interested in?  I have no idea what the pricing would have to be in order to make something like that work, but we could certainly look into it if interest exists.  

Happens on my iPhone from time to time. Usually if I clear my cookies & data it will stop for a while

Go back to Yuku honestly
Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.  Go visit "sneakertalk" sometime.  I expect you'll appreciate what we have here even more. 
@Methodical Management depending on the price I may be willing to pay for an ad free experience here.

Maybe you should make a thread?
Price is something we'd need to have Huddler research for us based on the expected revenue loss that would be associated with such a subscription.  

It's an option that was available to users on the old platform (via the ezsupporter/community supporter gold subscriptions that we saw NO revenue from), and I think offering users a CHOICE would be useful here as well.  If you're having a bad experience with the ads, obviously we're going to do our best to fix the problem regardless - but I'd like to give people the choice to go ad free while still supporting our community and our donations if they'd prefer. 

We're always going to be in a "reactive" position with ads.  Given the sheer scope of the site, we can't fill all of our inventory with direct sales ads that we have full control over.  There will always be some ad network services in play, and they don't always do what they promise with respect to quality control.  We stop doing business with people who don't deliver a good experience for our fellow members, but replacing one provider is a temporary fix at best.  It's an ongoing effort for us and for Huddler.  

I've had the ability to view the site ad free since we moved here, but I choose to have the same ad supported experience that you guys do so I can monitor the ads and report any issues to Huddler immediately.  If the ads are really hindering your experience, however, and you'd be interested in paying an annual subscription fee (tied to a single user account - so good behavior to maintain that account would be required), then I will have Huddler look into pricing.  If there's no interest in the very concept, no such study would be needed.  Either way, we'll continue to do our best to eliminate any problematic ads as quickly as possible. 

Back
Top Bottom