iPhone 4 glass replacement parts from Amazon - Which to buy?

One of my buddies cracked the front and back glass on his iPhone 4. I know you can order the replacement parts on Amazon.com and fix it yourself for much cheaper than Apple charges. Problem is that there's a bunch of different products on Amazon to choose from. They all seem to be the same product but they all have varying reviews so I was wondering if anyone knows which is the best one to buy. If so could you please post the link(s)? It's a white iPhone btw. Thanks in advance.

If you don't know exactly what your doing, i'd pay someone to do the repair. There's sensitive leads connected to the display for the touch feedback and if damaged/inproperly handled it will leave the display inoperable. The back side is a easy fix but the front has more going on than you would assume and it's not just a simple swap of the glass. I learned the hard way trying to do it myself, ended up blacking out the entire display.

I'm interested as well. I'm thinking about learning how to fix screens as a side hustle here on campus. iPhones are everywhere, so I should have a steady flow of 'clients".

not entirely in agreement^

I was able to do some minor repairs (replaced the battery, camera, etc.) but broke one of the delicate leads in the process. Although the repair ended up being a lot cheaper than what I would have spent otherwise, it definitely caused a lot of undue stress...

I'm gonna do the fix for him and I'm pretty electronic-literate so I'm not worried about breaking anything. Anyone got a link to the parts?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom