iPhone OS 4.0 Event- Multitasking, iBooks, Gamecenter confirmed etc vol. APPLE LATE PASS!

I know there is plenty of Niketalkers with iPhones so just filling you guys in if you guys didn't hear about it

and btw NO, most likely, the 2010 iPhone will not be revealed today, just a preview of the new iPhone OS

[h2][/h2]
[h2]iPhone OS 4.0 rumor roundup[/h2]
by Michael Bettiol on April 7th, 2010 at 10:21am
Filed under: Apple, Rumors, Software, iPhone OS / iPod OS96 Comments

With Apple’s iPhone OS 4.0 event just over 24 hours away, we thought it might be a good idea to recap some of the most persistent OS 4.0 rumors while addressing a new one here and there so everyone can keep score at home when the event starts tomorrow morning at 10AM PDT. We’ve assembled some of the best and most persistent rumors for your reading pleasure, so hit the break and check them out.

Multitasking ANNOUNCED

The most persistent rumor, which also happens to be the one most dear to people’s hearts, is that multitasking for third-party applications will finally come to the iPhone. As it currently stands, only stock apps like iPod, Mail, Messages, Phone and Safari have supported the feature. Newer rumors even have the new OS having an Exposé-like feature which would make it significantly easier for users to switch between applications on the fly.

Global Inbox

Another rumor would finally see the Mail app gain the option for a global mailbox. From the beginning, the iPhone OS has supported multiple mailboxes but required users to individually check each inbox instead of offering a way to view new email from all active accounts in one fell swoop.

Homescreen Contacts

Spotted in age old patents, it is believed Apple will make it possible to add contacts to the home screen. This would essentially enable users to create pseudo applications that do nothing but make it much faster to get in contact with individuals by phone, text, email, IM and so on.

iAd

Previously rumored to be unveiled today, it is now expected that Apple’s “iAd

I remember being excited about 3.0 when it came out, and it wasn't significantly better. The landscape text that I thought I would love, I rarely use (in fact, it is rather bothersome most of the time, like when laying down or something).

When will 4.0 be released?

Any solid rumors on when the new iPhone will release? End of May? Early June? July?

Yeah I know a lot of people were disappointed with 3.0, but 4.0 is supposeably a big revamp because its known that its getting stale

IPhone 2010 will most likely come June/July along with 4.0

Half the stuff that's rumored on 4.0 can already be achieved with jailbreaking.

I'm excited.. I can't wait..

pimp.gif

i want to them to reveal the new iphone asap, im dying for an upgrade i plan on switching to verizon from at&t. after seeing the droid today it seems pretty coo. but im not sure get the droid or wait for the new iphone?

Originally Posted by marath0n

Half the stuff that's rumored on 4.0 can already be achieved with jailbreaking.

Yeah true, but apps can take adavantage of these new features, and it will make jailbreaking even more crazy

Im upgrading My 16gb 3g regardless of how dissapoibting the next iphone is.
they better have a 64gb version
smh.gif

im new to all this. is it an update? or something thats only in the new line of phones?? can the ipad get this sort of update as well?

seems like they have us all by you know what and we all just continue to wait and buy and wait and buy.

im sorry but everything is an "event" with apple. Just release stuff and be done with it. I guess thats why they are so successful. They get people feeling like you are apart of the process with these speeches and what not.

Originally Posted by CashMoney

i want to them to reveal the new iphone asap, im dying for an upgrade i plan on switching to verizon from at&t. after seeing the droid today it seems pretty coo. but im not sure get the droid or wait for the new iphone?

It won't be revealed until may I believe, and for the Droid, you should try it out first, I'm on a nexus one and I rather use an iPhone, which I uses before.my nexus one

Originally Posted by WhIpwReCkEr

I remember being excited about 3.0 when it came out, and it wasn't significantly better. The landscape text that I thought I would love, I rarely use (in fact, it is rather bothersome most of the time, like when laying down or something).

When will 4.0 be released?

Any solid rumors on when the new iPhone will release? End of May? Early June? July?

yehhh, i hope they put an option in the settings to turn that mess off. 
smh.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

im new to all this. is it an update? or something thats only in the new line of phones?? can the ipad get this sort of update as well?

seems like they have us all by you know what and we all just continue to wait and buy and wait and buy.

im sorry but everything is an "event" with apple. Just release stuff and be done with it. I guess thats why they are so successful. They get people feeling like you are apart of the process with these speeches and what not.

its an announcement for the update

apple cant just release it to everyone ,they do however release it to developers soon, which is like $100 fee so they can develop apps that is compatible with the new OS

Will you be able to upgrade to the new software on an older model?

Originally Posted by kdawg

Yeahh, It will be the same as they did with the 3gen. iphones...
Anybody know anything about the Arrandale MB Pros? Im dying waiting for any news/ release info. 

Originally Posted by Fireblaze44

Originally Posted by kdawg

The link says only 3g and 3gs....

Its just rumorred, but you can imagine the iPhone 2g and 3g doesn't have the specs to handle multitasking , however they might just make some features unavailable like how mms was not supported by 2g

We will see in an hour n a half

Back
Top Bottom