iPhone to blackberry: how many of yall have made the transition??

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

I made a topic a few weeks ago about the iPhone losing its appeal and I got some heat for it. Sounds like my hypothesis was partially correct in that people are either 1. sick of the iPhone and its UX 2. don't want to be the same as the rest of the people with an iPhone.
i hate this kind of thinkin....if a phone is popular how does it become a knock against it?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by gameovertripleh

i went from BB curve to iPhone. there's no way i'm going back, i wish that i got my iPhone sooner!
duh...da curve is wack now...no 3g

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

I made a topic a few weeks ago about the iPhone losing its appeal and I got some heat for it. Sounds like my hypothesis was partially correct in that people are either 1. sick of the iPhone and its UX 2. don't want to be the same as the rest of the people with an iPhone.
i hate this kind of thinkin....if a phone is popular how does it become a knock against it?
grin.gif
Don't know, but confirmation of the effect can be seen in this example:
Originally Posted by kicksaholic86

I switched over back in October. I was in need of a more professional looking phone. Probaby 80% of the people I know have iPhones and I just wanted something else.
Fact of the matter is, people want to be different. No one wants to be one [color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]of[/color] a million, they want to be one [color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]in[/color] a million. Advertisers use this a lot. Look at Apple itself,who's slogan in the 90's was "Think Different" which could be extrapolated to mean, "Be different and don't get a Windows PC likeeveryone else."

its all marketing though...i like da technology and da superiority to speak for itself..and da iphone is waay better then a blackberry....seriously ablackberry is just a

glorified sidekick to me, i dunno why people so gassed over em....i mean w/ my 09 im literally doing everything a 9700 does... da term "business" isso ambiguous & subjective...

da iphone unlocked is a undeniable beast....

i went from a

iphone > BB> iphone

and feel like possibly going back to a BB, (bold to be exact)

the only reason i switched back to an iphone was because the 3gs

you will miss apps but you will love bbm and not having to check emails if its for work and also verizon >At&t so im happy...

Once you go black you never go back! Had the BBerry then switched to iPhone to try it out then back to the BBerry! Doubt will ever go back to anything else!Blackberry is much more way legit!

This is my exact dilemma: was offered a straight up trade 16gb 3gs for blackberry bold.

Basically its music vs. BBM to me

I got bored with the iphone when I had it. Hated the weak battery life, all those apps available didnt appeal to me, and having to clean the screen so muchsucks. I have a Curve now and waiting to get a Bold 2 and couldn't be happier.

loved my 3gs but battery always died and no service and i live in the dmv area. I got a bb 9700 5 bars and no need to charge battery for 3 days. It all dependson what you want the phones are equal and the two best companies on the market imo.

TheNTGuy

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

sidekick-2009.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif

as it stands now...

n900 >Droid > iphone 3gs > blackberry 9700 > sidekick 2009 LX 3g > da rest
hero? pre? n97? tilt 2? hd 2?
i respect the sidekick but its not top 5

Originally Posted by eddie

sidekick-2009.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif

as it stands now...

most of those phones have horrible battery performance, weak multitaskin, or too expensive for what its now pretty

standard specs.

seriously a blackberry is just a

glorified sidekick to me

Boy stop.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ManBearPig

i think the tilt 2 > iphone and bb

You can't be serious.

Windows mobile is garbage. I will NEVER go back to a WinMo phone.

I dont know anybody who's ever had an Iphone/BB/Droid and went back to a winmo phone and was pleased. They don't compare.

Originally Posted by eddie

sidekick-2009.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif

as it stands now...

most of those phones have horrible battery performance, weak multitaskin, or too expensive for what its now pretty

standard specs.
i'd have to say the multitasking is far from weak, especially compared to a jailbroken iphone
andriod multitasks alright, symbian and winmo has been doing it for years, pre is built on a linux platform
battery life, i'll give you that
tongue.gif

but a n900 is far from cheap, as is an iphone when including the plan
snapdragon isnt standard, nor are 5mp cameras in the US, pre matches the iphone hardware-wise, beats it in eye-candy interface and multitasking and losses insupport and ecosystem
im all for nokia, but even they say maemo is a testing OS and not a final product

Originally Posted by j0rDan23dunker

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

nokia n900
or
nokia e72

i was thinking of making the switch from my iPhone to the N900. heard any good things about this phone?
great phone hardware wise, but unless you r technical with software, wait until the successor
the maemo OS is going to be great but as of now its missing primary functions, portrait mode for example
plus its bulky but worth the size and price if neither are important to you

Back
Top Bottom