iPhone to blackberry: how many of yall have made the transition??

Went from an iPhone to a Blackberry Bold and I missed my iPhone so I switched back. Then I went from iPhone to a MyTouch 3G and once again I started missingthe iPhone so I got the 3GS yesterday. I probably won't switch phones until the new iPhone comes out.

I've had an iPhone 3G and just recently got a 3GS. Had a BB Bold, and a Curve, and now I have an iPhone.

iPhone gripes are plenty. The call quality is horrible, dropped calls are rampant, and my text messages send about 70% of the time, the other times it fails.My internet isn't accessible everywhere and it lags sometimes. What can I expect though right? I'm going in tomorrow to try and get a new iPhone andsee if its really my phone only, or if its a problem as a whole.

Pros of iPhone: Cool as hell. You really can't deny it, apple marketed their iPhone perfectly, reaching out towards the older generation in addition to theyounger generation as well. Hell, guaranteed at least one person in your immediate family, friend circle or whatever has an iPhone. GPS, doubling as an iPod,all the handy applications is just cool to have.

BB gripes: Small screen. Not a lot of apps available compared to the iPhone. Material is very cheap (my bb curve housing was EASILY chipped by bumping intodesks and other things).

Pros: Great battery life even with internet usage (a day and a half and then needs to be charged), batteries are cheap and inexpensive, BBM is useful as hell.Push email is GREAT (compared to iPhone which only refreshes when you open up the Mail app), call quality is great (i never got a dropped call or a failed textmessage). Sleek, slim, and fits right into your pocket.

In a nutshell, if you want a phone that you will actually use AS A PHONE (with some essential additions mind you...) get a BB. If you want a fun littlecomputer which can kinda make calls and to send text messages...get an iPhone.

Originally Posted by TheeQuickness

I've had an iPhone 3G and just recently got a 3GS. Had a BB Bold, and a Curve, and now I have an iPhone.

iPhone gripes are plenty. The call quality is horrible, dropped calls are rampant, and my text messages send about 70% of the time, the other times it fails. My internet isn't accessible everywhere and it lags sometimes. What can I expect though right? I'm going in tomorrow to try and get a new iPhone and see if its really my phone only, or if its a problem as a whole.

Pros of iPhone: Cool as hell. You really can't deny it, apple marketed their iPhone perfectly, reaching out towards the older generation in addition to the younger generation as well. Hell, guaranteed at least one person in your immediate family, friend circle or whatever has an iPhone. GPS, doubling as an iPod, all the handy applications is just cool to have.

BB gripes: Small screen. Not a lot of apps available compared to the iPhone. Material is very cheap (my bb curve housing was EASILY chipped by bumping into desks and other things).

Pros: Great battery life even with internet usage (a day and a half and then needs to be charged), batteries are cheap and inexpensive, BBM is useful as hell. Push email is GREAT (compared to iPhone which only refreshes when you open up the Mail app), call quality is great (i never got a dropped call or a failed text message). Sleek, slim, and fits right into your pocket.

In a nutshell, if you want a phone that you will actually use AS A PHONE (with some essential additions mind you...) get a BB. If you want a fun little computer which can kinda make calls and to send text messages...get an iPhone.
Basically.

iPhone gripes are plenty. The call quality is horrible, dropped calls are rampant, and my text messages send about 70% of the time, the other times it fails. My internet isn't accessible everywhere and it lags sometimes. What can I expect though right? I'm going in tomorrow to try and get a new iPhone and see if its really my phone only, or if its a problem as a whole.

Pros of iPhone: Cool as hell. You really can't deny it, apple marketed their iPhone perfectly, reaching out towards the older generation in addition to the younger generation as well. Hell, guaranteed at least one person in your immediate family, friend circle or whatever has an iPhone. GPS, doubling as an iPod, all the handy applications is just cool to have.

BB gripes: Small screen. Not a lot of apps available compared to the iPhone. Material is very cheap (my bb curve housing was EASILY chipped by bumping into desks and other things).

Pros: Great battery life even with internet usage (a day and a half and then needs to be charged), batteries are cheap and inexpensive, BBM is useful as hell. Push email is GREAT (compared to iPhone which only refreshes when you open up the Mail app), call quality is great (i never got a dropped call or a failed text message). Sleek, slim, and fits right into your pocket.

In a nutshell, if you want a phone that you will actually use AS A PHONE (with some essential additions mind you...) get a BB. If you want a fun little computer which can kinda make calls and to send text messages...get an iPhone.
Good way to sum it up.

n900 murders the iphone in the "computer" department

Back
Top Bottom