iPhone Users: How reliable is your 3G?

balloonoboy

Banned
So, I've decided that I'm going to purchase the iPad. I just don't know if I should get the wifi or 3G version.

Is AT&T's 3G network reliable?

my 3g coverage rarely ever goes out... i don't now what the rest of the world is *****ing about.
the only time i don't have 3g is if im on 95 south of something driving through a small town or some $$@!. and i only lose it about 2-3 times a trip. for a max of 5-10 minutes if even THAT long.

i would suggest to just get the regular wifi version of the ipad though. cheaper.

I've had my iPhone since Nov and I've seen the "E" 3 times, for approx a minute or less each time. Minneapolis area, do not travel much.

on a serioius note, dont ever buy anything 1st generation from apple they gona leave stuff out on purpose. then the next year add a thousand more features to it, but if you got the money i say go for it. my 3g is good, dont reallly have a problem with it.

Whenever I turn on 3G, I always have good connection. But that 3G be draining my battery with the quickness!!!

grin.gif
You people must never leave your city

I live in a city where there is no 3g for At&t and everyone still has the iPhone because they either are too dumb to know or think it just looks cool

go check the data coverage map on the at&t site.....but make sure u zoom in real close because they made 3g and edge data both blue so u have to zoom in real close to see to tell the blue colors apart

Appreciate the help.

Yea the wifi version is cool but I foresee using it a lot for the web.

I don't want to find myself in a predicament where I'm unable to find a connection.

Even better is the 3G version includes free wifi at starbucks. I like to have that freedom. $130 more isn't a deal breaker.

Originally Posted by Prime Suspects 36

grin.gif
You people must never leave your city

I live in a city where there is no 3g for At&t and everyone still has the iPhone because they either are too dumb to know or think it just looks cool
i leave my city all the time. i live in maryland and commute to school in virginia every day. in my original post i stated how im always traveling up the east coast and rarely lose 3g.

you must live in a slummy city
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

So, I've decided that I'm going to purchase the iPad. I just don't know if I should get the wifi or 3G version.

Is AT&T's 3G network reliable?
depends on your city. there are some big cities where it's actually not good (contrary to conventional wisdom). 

the at&t ceo just came out with comments saying that the 3g versions would not drive alot of subscriptions

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/03/atandt-ceo-ipad-will-be-mostly-used-on-wifi-wont-drive-many-new/

which coincides with what a lot of bloggers are saying about the 3g not actually being worth the extra cost. 

Unless you live in a big city like New York, Philly, LA, etc., you probably don't even get 3G coverage. Your best bet is to just check AT&T's coverage map on their website.

i live in the Bay Area & rarely does my 3G signal crap out on me.. don't listen to those stupid Verizon "map" commercials (unless you live in a rural area). 

Back
Top Bottom