iPhone4 Vs Evo4G YouTube video could lead to Best Buy employee being fired

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I bet the suits that ignited this are nothin but salty iPhone4 owners...
Best Buy Trying To Fire Employee Over Those Hilarious EVO Versus iPhone Videos

by MG Siegler on Jul 1, 2010

a.png

By now it seems like just about everyone has seen the iPhone 4 vs. HTC EVO video (and the rebuttal video). The video portrays an electronics store employee trying to convince a person looking for an iPhone 4 to buy an HTC EVO 4G instead. It’s hilarious — like all good humor, so funny because it’s at least partially true. But you know who didn’t find it funny? Best Buy. How do I know that? Because they’re trying to fire the kid who made it.

The video in question was made by Brian Maupin, a 25-year-old based in Kansas City, Missouri. For the past three and a half years he’s been working at Best Buy selling mobile phones. He’s probably not going to be doing that anymore as Best Buy has suspended him indefinitely and is currently taking the steps to terminate him, Maupin tells us. The reason? The video.

The video became so popular (it currently has nearly 1.3 million views on YouTube) that someone at Best Buy corporate saw it. They then put two-and-two together that it was an employee at one of their stores that made it, and the hammer came down. “They felt it disparaged a brand they carried (iPhone/Apple) as well as the store itself and were fearful of stockholders & customers being turned off to Best Buy Mobile,

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I bet the suits that ignited this are nothin but salty iPhone4 owners...
Best Buy Trying To Fire Employee Over Those Hilarious EVO Versus iPhone Videos

by MG Siegler on Jul 1, 2010

a.png

By now it seems like just about everyone has seen the iPhone 4 vs. HTC EVO video (and the rebuttal video). The video portrays an electronics store employee trying to convince a person looking for an iPhone 4 to buy an HTC EVO 4G instead. It’s hilarious — like all good humor, so funny because it’s at least partially true. But you know who didn’t find it funny? Best Buy. How do I know that? Because they’re trying to fire the kid who made it.

The video in question was made by Brian Maupin, a 25-year-old based in Kansas City, Missouri. For the past three and a half years he’s been working at Best Buy selling mobile phones. He’s probably not going to be doing that anymore as Best Buy has suspended him indefinitely and is currently taking the steps to terminate him, Maupin tells us. The reason? The video.

The video became so popular (it currently has nearly 1.3 million views on YouTube) that someone at Best Buy corporate saw it. They then put two-and-two together that it was an employee at one of their stores that made it, and the hammer came down. “They felt it disparaged a brand they carried (iPhone/Apple) as well as the store itself and were fearful of stockholders & customers being turned off to Best Buy Mobile,

man, if Best Buy wouldve ignored this, i wouldve never known anything about the creator of the video

they just made themselves look worst

man, if Best Buy wouldve ignored this, i wouldve never known anything about the creator of the video

they just made themselves look worst

Bestbuy is gonna end up taking an L on this one

Bestbuy is gonna end up taking an L on this one

Originally Posted by 18th letter

How did they find out he made it though?

Thats what im wondering, If you look in his profile though and follow the links it'll take you to his twitter that shows his full name.

Back
Top Bottom