iPod in the Washer, is there hope?

dead%20ipod.png

it'll work after you let it dry out. takes a few days but it will probably die a lot sooner than if you hadn't stuck it in the wash. happened to meonce lol. After it died it was the perfect excuse for me to upgrade.

Originally Posted by theemcee0

it'll work after you let it dry out. takes a few days but it will probably die a lot sooner than if you hadn't stuck it in the wash. happened to me once lol. After it died it was the perfect excuse for me to upgrade.

Or you can speed up the process by sticking it in the dryer. Don't forget the Downy!

do you still have warranty...because if you do you can like blow dry it out and tak it back...my bro did it and got a new ipod from the "genius bar"at the apple stores

Originally Posted by JDMEVOIXMR

don't try to turn it on for at least a week. then it'll work.
contrary to popular belief, if you let it completely dry out, there is a strong possibility that it will function properly again.

we've dunked hard drives in bathtubs and done all kinds of other things you're not supposed to do to them, and they've all worked. the thing is, ithas to be totally dry.

if its still under warranty, bring it to an apple store. my nano went through the wash a while ago. i went in, told them i let a friend borrow it and now itwon't work but i don't know why, and they replaced it no questions asked

mine fell in a bathtub and worked after it dried but the battery life was way shorter ad couldn't get the water out of the screen

Back
Top Bottom