Is 2008 the Year for Reebok’s Reemergence?

It doesn't appear that there are many runners here on Niketalk, but if there is a population of closetrunners here, you'll most certainly like to know that RBK is revamping their running line from a technical and aesthetic standpoint. The new line will resemble the more forward-thinking, distinctive Opus and Fury models Reebok was releasing years ago. With the more inventive designs will come the introduction of two new technologies HexRide and SmoothFit. HexRide is essentially afull-length/half-length iteration of Hexalite. You still have the hexagonal shaped structures, but with the '08models, Reebok cleverly placed them along the outsole instead of just in the heel or forefoot. I can liken the comfort of the HexRide to the Air Max 360 or theadidas Bounce Series. Unfortunately, series runners probably won't like these much. Simply put, the full-lengthcushion alienates road feel, and can create a bit too much inefficiency throughout the footstrike. So those whotend to pronate, overpronate, or supinate might not want these for serious runs. I'm much more excited about SmoothFit though, as I think Reebok has foundthe ultimate response towards blistering or chaffing. By using thermoplastic seam tape (a satin-like material) andbonding equipment, many of the S.F. models will have no annoying seams on the interior or exterior of the shoe.

Reebok is so confident in their new running line that (the last time I heard) they planned to use a30-Day Guarantee on all their '08 Spring Products.
As far as hoops go, I was able to peek at a few upcoming products, namely the Sky Force Mid Blacktop and the ATR Elite KFS. Both are astonishingly different from models that Reebok has ever released. TheKFS-Kinetic Fit System-has a series of panels that conform to your foot as you change directions.

no. the best thing reebok ever made was the pumps....

Hexride is a very nice technology and it looks good on alot of the upcoming models, especially in Basketball. But we'll see how it goes...

They look nice but I don't often see Reebok running shoes in the specialty stores.

The one thing reebok has been doing well in the past few years has been their running line, namely the Premier line...
Without the Premier line and their NFL contract, I have no idea where they'd be.

Can Baron Davis get some love (with something thats NOT named Boom Dizzle)? especially after that nice playoff run!

Can we get a better explaination of the HexRide cusioning? is it a polyurethane based cushioning with hex shaped colums?

They got HexRide on YAo's ASG Kicks
200811514583692162.jpg

20081151573628559.jpg

^^^ WOW...
Reminiscent of the Pump Omni. Very nice...
I'm loving the overall silhouette of the shoe, without the dragon, this shoe can definately work casually.

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

DMX FOAM MUST GO!!!!!!

did the OG Hexalite do anything at all? i thought it was just for decoration.

LOL...nah homey Hexalite is and always has been a cushioning system. It's only been relegated to "decoration in some of the retro classic shoes,and even then it provides extra cushioning than if it didn't have it...

^^^ WOW...
Reminiscent of the Pump Omni. Very nice...
I'm loving the overall silhouette of the shoe, without the dragon, this shoe can definately work casually.
It's funny that you say that because it IS a Pump Omni, a revolution of sorts...Pump Omni-Hexride it takes DNA from the original model andmakes it more contemporary and relevent as a performance basketball shoe. But does still look good for casual use as well, there's some good things comingdown the pipe in 08 and into 09 from Reebok...

I swear I saw Ross (Clips) Wearing a new DMX shoe.

reebok HAS had promising designs in 08. That Yao shoe doesn't look too bad. His past designs were horrible. That first nasty Jordan Jumpman Team Flowlooking shoe was hot garbage.

Those Yao reeboks are a hot design and some of the runners are sharp as well.

Reebok Vertical 3, I will make another thread about this shoe. its insane.!! this is actually from the 07 line-up...check the blog section. .

anyone have an explaination of what the HexRide technology does? or any more pics of the Omni-HexRide?

To say that Reebok Yao All Star's copied nike is pure BS.

Reeboks are releasing first...and they can't just create a sneaker within weeks.

Back
Top Bottom