Is anyone officially done with ESPN? vol. NBATV FTW!!!

I'm a basketball fan and for the last few years ESPN had been ticking me off with how they did the NBA. They'd show 9min of 1 MLB game and break down each inning then show like 6 NBA games in that stupid NBA Express train thing. Or they'll go to a game and pick up in the 4th quarter which really made me hot
mad.gif
. They always zero in on all the negative stuff of every sport. I mean they really go in on it. I been watching NBATV since like the middle of last year so I can only imagine what ya'll went through with the Tiger thing. And in the Top 10 plays, freaking LeBron can do a 360 double between the legs while putting his shoulder in the rim and shattering the backboard and it'll be #4 behind a hockey hat trick or power play at #3, a dancing mascot at #2, and a squirrel on water skis at #1
ohwell.gif

Well enough of that. NBATV is official and I've been satisfied for the last year or so with it. However, I do miss loud mouth Steve Smith
laugh.gif
. He was always cool to me...

The one major downfall to NBATV is Eric Snow
indifferent.gif
. He has to be the absolute worst commentator I've ever heard in my life...

This thread is made all the time, but really no one ever throws ESPN out of their life.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

This thread is made all the time, but really no one ever throws ESPN out of their life.
^I have. I haven't turned to it in almost a year now...

When I wan't info I tune into either the NHL, MLB or NFL network. Don't really watch the NBA anymore. The only shows I will watch on ESPN are PTI, Around the Horn and those 30 on 30 series they have.

You mean you dont enjoy the fact for every game they show the best 2-3 dunk highlights and that is it?

Completely agree. NBA Gametime all day.

Besides a quick scan of Around the Horn for interesting topics, I don't watch ESPN's original programming.

Sportcenter is like Entertainment Tonight x TMZ. Turns me off from their entire network. The only time they give any significant coverage to an NBA game is when it was one of their games or they want to run some controversy into the ground. I'll be watching a modern day classic, amazed by the back and forth action, coaching duel and late game drama...then I try to followup on SC and it's reduced to a 20 second barrage of corny punchlines and over 3 fastbreak clips.

Rick Kamla and Steve Smith FTW.

--OP...QFT.
--ESPN will spend a minute on NBA coverage and 59 seconds of that would be slurping Bron.

Every single analyst they have on NBA TV besides CWebb is complete torture to listen to. I'll watch NBA TV on mute before I sit through Eric Snow's analysis.

I only watch ESPN for the actual games, First Take, Around the Horn and PTI. Their analysis is terrible too except for college bball and football.

never....i still watch espn all day....i just dont watch sportscenter as much......mike and mike, first take, svp show, sportsnation, around the horn, pti>>>>>>>

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Every single analyst they have on NBA TV besides CWebb is complete torture to listen to. I'll watch NBA TV on mute before I sit through Eric Snow's analysis.

I only watch ESPN for the actual games, First Take, Around the Horn and PTI. Their analysis is terrible too except for college bball and football.
^QFT. Eric Snow is absolutely dismal...

The worst is that Snow just ad-libs his little comments and grunts during highlights. Once you notice it, it drives you crazy. But i mostly agree with the OP.

OP co-sign to you my friend

although i will never cut ESPN out of my life but seriously i love the NFL and all but is it necessary to have NFL live throughout the offseason? i agree with most of the ones in here...i usually just watch ESPN for games and ATH/PTI

ESPN's coverage has been piss poor. They don't go hard for the NBA like they do the NFL or MLB.

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!!! ERIC SNOW IS/HAS BEEN A BUM FOR YEARS AND NOW I HAVE TO HEAR HIM GIVE INSIGHT ABOUT THE GAME??? POPPYCOCK!!!

I rarely watch Sportscenter. Sometimes as just background sound when I'm doing work because SOMETIMES they have something I want to see. I do watch PTI religiously (been a fan since freshman year of hs) and games. NBATV is pretty good but I hate that Eric Snow is the analyst during the late shows. Dude is fugazi.

I agree with what dudes said on the first page.

NBA just isn't interesting rigtht now and people want entertainment.

Off top I can't name one story. Whereas the NFL had Brett coming back, the Saints and what have you.

espn is kinda like the tmz of sports. they are also dictating decisions in sports.

Back
Top Bottom