Is being Sarcastic considered rude?

So I was at work washing my tupperware before going home and I tell my coworker Aimee im finally done like as in done washing my tupperware and done like im about to go home... So my other coworker comes out of nowhere asking will you wash mines? And I was joking but let a long kinda loud heeeeellllll nooooo.... she was like your rude... i was like ya im joking relax ill wash it give it to me... at this point it was awkward and although i found it funny i felt somewhat bad after... i didnt apologize but asked if she was mad and told her i was just joking... she was saying how she doesnt joke with me like that... now im just like whatever its not that serious... she made it seem worse than it really was

Ehh it depends on the person

I'm only sarcastic with people I'm cool with because if I joke with someone unfamiliar with my sense of humor they may not get it...like your situation

So I was at work washing my tupperware before going home and I tell my coworker Aimee im finally done like as in done washing my tupperware and done like im about to go home... So my other coworker comes out of nowhere asking will you wash mines? And I was joking but let a long kinda loud heeeeellllll nooooo.... she was like your rude... i was like ya im joking relax ill wash it give it to me... at this point it was awkward and although i found it funny i felt somewhat bad after... i didnt apologize but asked if she was mad and told her i was just joking... she was saying how she doesnt joke with me like that... now im just like whatever its not that serious... she made it seem worse than it really was

Why did you end up washing her Tupperware? Or did you?

Last edited:
Why did you end up washing her Tupperware? Or did you?

i didnt... i actually offered cuz i felt bad after... it was that reverse psychology trick but she rejected my offer anyway... but ya im super cool with this coworker of mine and we joke around all the time... but i never i joked with her about saying no to her like that before so she took it the wrong way

How you let give off the kind of vibes that a woman will think to ask you to wash her ****.

At my office...I get other peoples secretaries to make me tea.

Last edited:
People who are sarcastic all the time and reply with an attitude are really annoying.

Its not rude to me but some people just can't deal with sarcasm. I wouldn't feel bad she just being overly sensitive. 

Who the hell at work asks another person to wash their ish?!?! & you washed it?!?!? Man you got 20 puts docked off your man card...

^ this is why i said what i said... and to answer your question I didnt wash her tupperware fyi

That situation was not rude.

I wouldn't even consider that sarcasm, as it was kinda over the top. Sarcasm is a little more drier. That was more like a joke.

I had to look up what a tupperware is. Anyway, your story seems very weird. Why would anyone get upset over a stupid joke like that?

"she was saying how she doesnt joke with me like that". Seems to me maybe she's romantically interested in you to be put off by your joke. Friends wouldn't take that chit seriously.

So my other coworker comes out of nowhere asking will you wash mines?
The entitlement is real. You should've just ignored her and not washed her dishes. Are you a maid, fam?

"You're rude" = I'll insult you because you rejected me; if you give in to me, I know you're weak

Last edited:
Girls in general always act shocked the first time you say "no" to them. They be loving it though. Shouldn't have back peddled my dude.

Would have been funnier if you just kept walking. Also more Alpha.

that whole situation is gender reversed.

It happens though man a lot of interactions in the office are random, and keep you thinking about them later.

Last edited:
I don't think you should be upset. Why do you have to have wash her dishes? She can stop being lazy and take care of her own tupperware.

Also, if she says she doesn't joke with you like "that", then she must be aware of your type of humor already.

none of this is sarcasm. 

No. Those who do find it rude are either sensitive, depending on what was said don't realize it's sarcasm, or are just dont appreciate word play.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom