Is Black Thought Philly's best emcee?

I think Philly, I think a very solid class of emcees, of which Beanie Sigel is probably the only one who comes close.

Yes without doubt, Beans and Freeway are the only others who even deserved to mentioned in the same breath.

Philly hip hop
pimp.gif
Illadelph !

Black Thought is one of my favorite MC's of all-time, but best in Philly ? No way. Him and Beanie round out the top 10. We got Cool C/Steady B , Schoolly D, Kurupt , Bahamadia , Kamachi, Cauze, Outerspace , Vinnie Paz , Last Emperor, Freeway, Will Smith and tons of other talented underground cats.

Thought's catalog is far superior to Beans & he is the better emcee..............

I think Bean's is superior but i'm not really a Black Thought fan. A Roots fan yea. But if Black Thought dropped a album tommorow that didn'tinclude Roots backing him up I don't think I would F with it. I could bump a Beanie Sigel album with straight acapella's and no beats and enjoy that++@.

Originally Posted by iLLscan

Thought's catalog is far superior to Beans & he is the better emcee..............
I like Black thought, I don't think its easy to do what he does (and he does it well)
but I think roots are more of a "band" therefore he just has to compliment the beats.

Beans is more of a 1 man team and has to be far more lyrical because he's doing way more (if you follow)

oh and supposedly the sneakers 9.5-10 belonged to Black Thought
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, still being sold tho
laugh.gif

(the ones without boxes)

def can make a case for him. Thought is dope and very under rated. Beans, Free, Chris in there too.

Right now yes. Beans can't match up to the work Thought put in despite all that talent. Beans would have to go on a binge of dope shhh just to catch up.Then there's Bahamadia but not many ppl listen to female MCs even though she dope. Last Emperor nice too
pimp.gif

The Fresh Prince really shouldn't be mentioned. Aint like he on his He's The DJ & I'm The Rapper steez now. He worried about MIB3
laugh.gif

Right now it's Thought.

Originally Posted by toast1985

I think Philly, I think a very solid class of emcees

I disagree, everybody outta philly aside from black thought free and beans is garbo. And foreal, Free and Beans had their moments but I think they bothhaven't really done a lot worth mentioning since the ROC split. Cas is just a punchline rapper and he's corny as hell, and every other name I canthink of is average or subpar. Gillie's that dude though. Not as an artist, but dude is the funniest rapper of all time
laugh.gif

A part of me wants to say Beans is the best just off Once Again Its On, but yea, I guess Black Thought is the best rapper outta philly. That ain't reallysayin much tho.

Originally Posted by M16

Philly hip hop
pimp.gif
Illadelph !

Black Thought is one of my favorite MC's of all-time, but best in Philly ? No way. Him and Beanie round out the top 10. We got Cool C/Steady B , Schoolly D , Kurupt , Bahamadia , Kamachi, Cauze, Outerspace , Vinnie Paz , Last Emperor, Freeway, Will Smith and tons of other talented underground cats.
You named some real nice cats with that one... But uh... no REEF DA LOST CAUZE? Dude is nice...

What do I know, Im from DC...

black thought is the best live mc out there. you are not going to convince me otherwise.

Seeing the roots live w/ jill scott= one of the best live performances ever. And I've been to a ton of good shows up in Seattle and the rest of the NW. Idont know much about philly artists but ya from what i know Thought is my favorite, Beans is cool but Freeway, thats just a joke putting him in the samecategory.

Back
Top Bottom