is diet soda bad for you?

someone told me today that the artificial sweetener in all diet soda "aspartame" is real bad for you. is it true?

Originally Posted by nelly28

is this thread worthy? just google it u campesino
oh the irony.

go lie and make another "worthy thread" about what you found inside a black bag today at the park.

Originally Posted by drsfinest72

oh the irony.

go lie and make another "worthy thread" about what you found inside a black bag today at the park.

dude called you a campesino
roll.gif
. but yeah %%!%* google is your friend

Of course it is. It is also corrosive for your teeth. The ingredient aspartame, artificial sweetener, is not good for you. There are all these conspiracytheories behind it for its use in drinks and foods.

yea, supposedly it is.

my mom always tells me i shouldn't be drinking it cuz i only have one kidney...apparently there's a correlation
laugh.gif
idk what it is.

So does diet soda really do terrible things to your brain?

The sugar level in the soda is redik; at little under 65% is nothing but sugar.

I never touch soda, but its like a contradiction because i drink a lot of beer.

Originally Posted by Pmighty

what isnt bad these days??

QFT... part of it is real, the other part is that we are more conscious of our world.

I drink water to the point that I don't even see the pleasure in sodas.... no complaints.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

yea, supposedly it is.

my mom always tells me i shouldn't be drinking it cuz i only have one kidney...apparently there's a correlation
laugh.gif
idk what it is.

What happened to your other one did it fail, or you tossed like nino brown on thanksgiving?

Yea but soda makes your kidney work extra hard, after a while it could cause kidney failure. More likely for you because you only have one, so you have to beextra careful.

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

yea, supposedly it is.

laugh.gif
idk what it is.

What happened to your other one did it fail, or you tossed like nino brown on thanksgiving?

Yea but soda makes your kidney work extra hard, after a while it could cause kidney failure. More likely for you because you only have one, so you have to be extra careful.
cancer took it.

a few things....

1) obviously "soda" in general isnt nutritional

2) some say if you only drink 1 per day, you are better off drinking a regular vs. a diet. The problem is for some people, they drink 3 or more a day sodrinking straight sugar drinks you are talking major calories.

3) aspartame may or may not have long term affects but do we really know what half of the garbage they put into processed products nowadays?

4) I think each individual is different in terms of whether diet drinks increase your appetite. For me, if im hungry a diet actually makes me not hungry.

oh the irony.

oh the irony, mr. Cool Ranch Doritos busting other people for lying.

Originally Posted by osubass1

oh the irony.

oh the irony, mr. Cool Ranch Doritos busting other people for lying.
oh snap. 2nd time you make the same comment on two different threads. oh im sorry you mad that you wasted 50 cent on a bag of doritos to try it?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by manamazing55

a few things....

1) obviously "soda" in general isnt nutritional

2) some say if you only drink 1 per day, you are better off drinking a regular vs. a diet. The problem is for some people, they drink 3 or more a day so drinking straight sugar drinks you are talking major calories.

3) aspartame may or may not have long term affects but do we really know what half of the garbage they put into processed products nowadays?

4) I think each individual is different in terms of whether diet drinks increase your appetite. For me, if im hungry a diet actually makes me not hungry.
i heard thats the only real problem with it....

soda take away calcium from your bones stop drinking it for a few months and see how better you feel

Back
Top Bottom