laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

DR is a classic. WTT is not.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It's very hard to compare. Neither is a classic, but WTT is so far from a classic it's not even funny.

But WTT is the "best of the year" though?? Really? Unless August is the first month of the year, that's no where near true.

Apples to Oranges but imma say DR is better because the music feels more valuable.

Something that I can play 20 years from now and still have a deep emotional response to it.

WTT is a classic in my eyes though.

DR- The world is going broke, White man killin us all

WTT- I aint even mad, Dont hate the playa................

DR is just simply a better album as farsproduction wise and lyrical content WTT is a very good album but DR is on another level musically. I can listen to DR all the way through but have a few skippers on WTT.

Distant Relatives. Listenability goes to WTT, but I still have to give it to DR overall ...

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

You backpackers have your straps a little too tight...DR was aiight.

It's not like NT'ers aren't hyping up WTT either though. Personally, I'm a bigger NaS fan than Jay and I think DR is a better album, but I think I'll end up listening to WTT more than it.

WTT is so monotonous it's ridiculous.
Disagree. DR picked a single overlying theme and stuck to it, but to me WTT is a more versatile record. I can listen to two different cuts form it and enjoy it depending on what I want to hear. Doesn't mean one is "better" than the other (to me), just different music for different target audiences. I ain't playing "Patience" when chllin with a group of people.

People on this board tend to look at hip-hop in one shad of color instead of the diverse genre it is.
But WTT is the "best of the year" though?? Really?

It's his opinion, and I think he meant best so far.

Don't know why you'd compare the two but DR is better without question.

It's a heavily reggae influenced album with dope rap compared two dudes just rapping about being rich and their swag.

its funny, i havent even made the effort to cop WTT. Ive listened to songs off it, but none of them sounded like anything special.

then again, i guess i find the theme of WTT a bit shallow and played out. its so stereotypical that rappers would talk about money and how good they have it

at least DR came with something different and real. not to mention the great blending of reggae and hiphop.

Said this in another thread, but if you think WTT is about the good life and flossing then you really aren't paying attention to the lyrics.

Originally Posted by Frank Matthews

the only people i know that give DR that much credit reside on this board lol..no one is checking for that album man let's be real.

sad but extremely true. It seems like the only way to sell albums or even be checked for is to be flossin like jay and ye or wayne or drake.

aside from us and a select bunch of people, no one cares that that album dropped.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Said this in another thread, but if you think WTT is about the good life and flossing then you really aren't paying attention to the lyrics.
You're completely wrong. That's all these dudes rapped about.

Spoiler [+]
Because NCITW, Lift Off, New Day, That's My, WTTJ, Who Gon Stop Me, M2E, MIA, Why I Love You are all about "flossin and the good life"
grin.gif
eyes.gif

comes down to preference.

DR is good but im not big on reggae but I appreciate the theme of this album....its WTT for me tho

Back
Top Bottom