Is "Distant Relatives" Better Than "WTT?"

I honestly think people read way entirely too much into WTT. It definitely wasn't an album about flossing and money, there were some empowerment themes
on there, and Jay was top notch, but I thought loads of people fell in love when the idea and aura of a joint Jay/Kanye album, than actually paying attention to
the music. So the fact the there's 10 theses deciphering WTT is pretty funny to me. I'm not even big on some of the reggae sound of DR, but I would give that
an 8, with WTT either a 7-7.5.

apples and oranges.

WTT is lacking when it comes to that "oh S!!! Jay ripped that verse" type way. yea it sounds good, but (i really (dont know how to describe it )Jay/ye actually had a "lot more" meaningful content, but the rhymes were so basic it was pretty sad. Not Jay like at all.

Nas spit a lot of powerful content on DR, but that S!!! is kinda boring. Im sure Damien ripped a bunch of verses, but i honestly cant tell what the F!!! he is saying.

id say theyre equal if i had to vote today but i would rather listen WTT more/often.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Said this in another thread, but if you think WTT is about the good life and flossing then you really aren't paying attention to the lyrics.
I've heard way too many people say as much. They're definitely not listening.

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

WTT is so monotonous it's ridiculous.
What was so repetitive about the album? New Day, Church in the Wild, Murder to Excellence, Why I Love You are much different from N's in Paris, Illest MF alive, and Who Gon Stop Me

Originally Posted by Peep Game

It's very hard to compare. Neither is a classic, but WTT is so far from a classic it's not even funny.

But WTT is the "best of the year" though?? Really? Unless August is the first month of the year, that's no where near true.
QFT

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Best of Both Worlds is better than WTT.

nerd.gif
i told cats dat da first day.

I'll give WTT a chance. I can't say what's better because I've only heard DR, but I would a assume it to be the more "genuine" album. Why? Because Nas never did a track called "Death to Raggae" before his project with Damien Marley. Jay-Z, on the other hand...

Apples to Oranges but from a personal perspective, I enjoyed DR a ton more than WTT.

WTT has no replay value to me, play only 4 songs regularly.

DR is boring as all hell to me and the production wasn't too great so I'd go with WTT

now if we were comparing Untitled to WTT I'd take Untitled

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

I'll give WTT a chance. I can't say what's better because I've only heard DR, but I would a assume it to be the more "genuine" album. Why? Because Nas never did a track called "Death to Raggae" before his project with Damien Marley. Jay-Z, on the other hand...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Death To Autotune, then autotune is thrown in here on there on WTT. I did notice that

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Death To Autotune, then autotune is thrown in here on there on WTT. I did notice that
Jay was never against the use of autotune as such, just excessive use of it in the industry when the everyday man would use it to get the quick single on radio.

Also it's funny how some posters on here are using this as a low-key Nas vs. Jay thread. You got Kanye West involved and Nesta's son, whose family and name >>>>>>>>>> Nas/Jay/Ye on a global scale. DR is a good record but it ain't even the best one in Damian's catalog (Welcome to Jamrock >>>>>>>> DR imo).

The beef ended years ago people
laugh.gif
MQuitnacting like Jay/Nas are the only dudes that matter.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Jay was never against the use of autotune as such, just excessive use of it in the industry when the everyday man would use it to get the quick single on radio.
Well what makes it ok for Kanye to drop an entire autotune album even though he had never used it before T-Pain made it hot (but it's somehow not ok for the "everyday man")? Stop frontin'. Jay made a track and video for DEATH of Autotune. It's not like he dropped a line or two mentioning how autotune is overused.

There are 2 points: 1) No one made a career on auto-tune alone (listenable music is required) and 2) Jay simply can't rock auto-tune and he knows it hurt his appeal a bit.

Anyway, back on topic, I've heard  few tracks frow WTT and the production is pretty sick and from what I've heard so far, it doesn't seem autotune heavy. I say give the WTT hype to settle a bit then we can see what people are still listening to. I personally still listen to DR.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Well what makes it ok for Kanye to drop an entire autotune album even though he had never used it before T-Pain made it hot (but it's somehow not ok for the "everyday man")? Stop frontin'. Jay made a track and video for DEATH of Autotune. It's not like he dropped a line or two mentioning how autotune is overused.

There are 2 points: 1) No one made a career on auto-tune alone (listenable music is required) and 2) Jay simply can't rock auto-tune and he knows it hurt his appeal a bit.

Anyway, back on topic, I've heard  few tracks frow WTT and the production is pretty sick and from what I've heard so far, it doesn't seem autotune heavy. I say give the WTT hype to settle a bit then we can see what people are still listening to. I personally still listen to DR.

I'm just simply paraphrasing what the man said about it is all.

so people here cry that jay cosigned autptune on wtt and made doa before hand\\]

but yall cant understand why some ppl calling rick ross a fraud

SMH

Back
Top Bottom