is Ebay my best bet to sell old sneakers?

Most of the sneaker sites I see seem to be catered towards new DS shoes. I`m trying to down size as I dont wear 80% of my sneakers. I've only sold electronics on Ebay so is there any tips for used sneakers? I`m hesitant because I dont want to waste time putting all these kicks on Ebay only for them to sit lol.

Depends on what sneakers really.
That will determine ebay..grailed...cl..even here.

Whats a basic rundown of what youre trying to sell?

Last edited:
Depends on what sneakers really.
That will determine ebay..grailed...cl..even here.

Whats a basic rundown of what youre trying to sell?

a bunch of Jordans, and a few random other brands. My concern is they are all sizes 13 (a few 12/12.5 scattered) and I dont think 13 is a popular size on top of them being used (nothing super Hyped, just a few GRs from the past).

Do buy it now listings with immediate payment required.

Sneaker auctions usually end up having a bunch of irresponsible, unreliable kids winning the shoes and not paying or trying to negotiate terms after winning the auction.

Be descriptive in the listing. Everyone's definition of vnds and other terms are different. Take good pics and be descriptive when it comes to the condition of the shoes to cover your end in case you get a difficult buyer. Also ship with signature confirmation.

In terms of selling the shoes, its other apps and sites you can use, but eBay is going to get you the highest exposure.

Do buy it now listings with immediate payment required.

Sneaker auctions usually end up having a bunch of irresponsible, unreliable kids winning the shoes and not paying or trying to negotiate terms after winning the auction.

Be descriptive in the listing. Everyone's definition of vnds and other terms are different. Take good pics and be descriptive when it comes to the condition of the shoes to cover your end in case you get a difficult buyer. Also ship with signature confirmation.

In terms of selling the shoes, its other apps and sites you can use, but eBay is going to get you the highest exposure.

is using the term "Used" vs "VNDS" a better bet?

And I`m not trying to make a killing on these sneaks as selling them for anything is better than me sitting on them and they collect dust, but from a pricing perspective is it worth putting the effort in researching price or should I just sell everything for like 80-120 lol.

I'd go with the term used just to avoid any conflicts with picky buyers who view those nds and vnds terms differently.

You could check sold listings to get a general idea of what they're going for, that won't take too long to do.

If you want to move them quickly, just sell for a little less than those prices.

Most of the sneaker sites I see seem to be catered towards new DS shoes. I`m trying to down size as I dont wear 80% of my sneakers. I've only sold electronics on Ebay so is there any tips for used sneakers? I`m hesitant because I dont want to waste time putting all these kicks on Ebay only for them to sit lol.

The Facebook app has a Marketplace as well as many sneaker groups. I do a lot of buying/selling thru there.

Also look at Letgo and Offerup. Those 2 apps are almost like craigslist but super user friendly and becoming more popular as time passes.

Buy it now or Best offer / immediate payment

Take plenty pics with a paper of your name and date just like on here, point out any problems

Try apps like offer up or let go for locally

The Facebook app has a Marketplace as well as many sneaker groups. I do a lot of buying/selling thru there.

Also look at Letgo and Offerup. Those 2 apps are almost like craigslist but super user friendly and becoming more popular as time passes.

How prevalent is scamming on those?

Take plenty pics with a paper of your name and date just like on here, point out any problems

Try apps like offer up or let go for locally
This. I've been doing this lately to unload a lot of my shoes I no longer wear. I've had some success without the Best Offer option because people will send you stupid low ball offers to waste your time.

Set your listing as Buy it now and if someone does have an offer, they most likely will message you.

Where are you located at?

Too bad you're not in L.A. or NYC; I would've recommended Round Two. They will give you top dollar for your kicks so you don't have to worry about selling them online and dealing with scammers.

I see a spot in ATL called Heet looks like they buy back kicks, but I've never heard of them before.

Have you considered listing your shoes in the Buy & Sell section of NT? I see people frequently list there.

This. I've been doing this lately to unload a lot of my shoes I no longer wear. I've had some success without the Best Offer option because people will send you stupid low ball offers to waste your time.

Set your listing as Buy it now and if someone does have an offer, they most likely will message you.

You can put a automatically regret offers under xxx.xx and also one to automatically accept at the amount you want it was a good option for me when I get rid of most my shoes

You can put a automatically regret offers under xxx.xx and also one to automatically accept at the amount you want it was a good option for me when I get rid of most my shoes

So you are doing BIN + Best Offer or is there some kind of Best Offer Only option you are using? I may throw some stuff on there memorial day since I will have free time.

this.

also don't forget to specifically describe da technical information on da shoes (gimmicks, nickname, style number, etc.)

google helps you extremely if you label your product correctly by putting em in da shopping portion tab of searches for any would be buyer looking for em on da net.

DO NOT forget to include da style number in da title search of da auction.

your selling price should be between what a DS pair in flight club goes for & completed auctions for similar sizes of da same shoe.

Last edited:
So you are doing BIN + Best Offer or is there some kind of Best Offer Only option you are using? I may throw some stuff on there memorial day since I will have free time.

Yea price them accordingly and then use best offer as what you'll really take for them lol it's all an option ok eBay

Make sure ur settings you ship to United States only at least I did

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom