Is ESPN Loosing Credibility with you too?

Originally Posted by smallBALL5

Niketalk is losing credibility with me. I mean look at all these lebron threads. they really need to get off his nuts.

LeBron's that _ man . Just get over it

They'd need to have credibility in order to lose it.

They've shown countless times they're usually nothing but generic talking heads repeating the same stuff over and over again... or they're the "outrageous" personalities like Jim Rome or Skip Bayless who intentionally say outlandish things to get ratings or people talking about them.

They're entertainment sports journalists, with a focus on the entertainment. They'll cover Favre, Tebow, Lebron, etc. ad nauseum meanwhile they ignore actual sports stories or equally deserving athletes.

Lebron is a prime example, yes he's arguably the biggest free agent of all time and this offseason is unprecedented in the NBA, but rather than cover him as a supplementary story to their NBA coverage, he DOMINATES over conference finals basketball. The Magic and Celtics barely get a mention when they could be photoshopping Lebron with different jerseys.

Like I said, if this was the first time it happened I'd be more upset or concerned, but they're the only real option out there, so they're free to spew out any story they want and majority will still watch.

Originally Posted by smallBALL5

Niketalk is losing credibility with me. I mean look at all these lebron threads. they really need to get off his nuts.
^ Troll
After we ruined that %+@!! when he lost.
smh.gif
Ol selective memory havin...

ESPN lost credibility by showing Jacoby Ellsbury steal home against NY in April 2009 for the entire 2009 MLB season

I think the Bret Favre coverage is the worst... But the Bron coverage is pretty bad...

ESPN seems to pick a few players from each sport to have a jerk fest over.. Manning, Brady, Favre, Tebow, Bron, Pujols, Woods, a couple I can't think of right now..

Originally Posted by Essential1

I think the Bret Favre coverage is the worst... But the Bron coverage is pretty bad...

ESPN seems to pick a few players from each sport to have a jerk fest over.. Manning, Brady, Favre, Tebow, Bron, Pujols, Woods, a couple I can't think of right now..
Just once I'd like to see them do a profile on Chad  Henne or JJ Barrea
frown.gif

I'm fine with the Lebron coverage, this is as much coverage you'll get on anything nba related on that network. I mean we deep into the playoffs, and #*%*$@% AAA baseball gets a better look.

Losing credibility? Not exactly, more like beating me over the head with the same stuff. I want highlights from the games, that's it. No pointless opinion, conjecture, or banter. Stick to things like SportNation, 30 for 30, E:60, PTI, or heaven forbid actual sporting events.

Just wait until July 1st rolls by and they'll have Day 1 of LeBron Watch,Day 2,Day 3 etc and wait until July again when Brett Favre "retires" and then comes back a couple weeks before the season starts.BSPN will be eating that $#!% up
smh.gif

cmon-man-o.gif

Yeah, the LeBron coverage is getting outrageous. I was arguing with a dude the other day and he said Kobe gets more ESPN coverage than LeBron this season
indifferent.gif

ATH is the only thing I watch on ESPN.

Those 30 for 30s are pretty good.

Each league has their own freakin network now
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom