Is Hotwire.com the best resource for booking airfare/hotel service?

I'm thinking about heading to Vegas from Oct 6- Oct 10 to visit a friend living in AZ. Which web resource is the best for booking affordable airfare and hotel service. I could care less about the hotel room just as long as it is on the strip. As far as booking a flight, I don't care how stops there are I just need to be in Vegas sometime that thursday and leave sometime that monday to be at work on tuesday. any suggestions?

where are you flying from? virgin america and cheapoair usually have promo codes. and i think united airlines has a coupon code for 10%off right now. if you are flexible with times try to name your own price.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

where are you flying from? virgin america and cheapoair usually have promo codes. and i think united airlines has a coupon code for 10%off right now. if you are flexible with times try to name your own price.

Lansing, MI

No luck with lansing...virgin america dosent fly out of there. but they are usually cheapest..i buy a lot of flights from dc to la. im on a plane at least 3 times a year smh. Cheapoair has a few promo codes on their home page... . also look for tickets on tuesdays they usually have good deals then and air tran send specials out over the weekends...like 89 dollar flights and what not. also if your a student try student universe. the best way to get a cheap flight is by taking time and doing a lot of research...

http://www.airtran.com/littledebbie/

my fault its 10 dollars not 10 percent.

good luck
smile.gif

No luck with lansing...virgin america dosent fly out of there. but they are usually cheapest..i buy a lot of flights from dc to la. im on a plane at least 3 times a year smh. Cheapoair has a few promo codes on their home page... . also look for tickets on tuesdays they usually have good deals then and air tran send specials out over the weekends...like 89 dollar flights and what not. also if your a student try student universe. the best way to get a cheap flight is by taking time and doing a lot of research...

good luck
smile.gif

Has anyone ever flown on airtran? their tickets are roughly $100 cheaper than the competition but they have a lot of lag time between connecting flights. What my friend suggested is to fly to phoenix, az since she will by staying nearby and take a bus ride to vegas. the bus ticket is only $40 but it will take about 8 hrs to get there. Flying to phoenix and taking a bus to vegas is still cheaper than buying a round-trip ticket from lansing to vegas.

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

good luck
smile.gif

Has anyone ever flown on airtran? their tickets are roughly $100 cheaper than the competition but they have a lot of lag time between connecting flights. What my friend suggested is to fly to phoenix, az since she will by staying nearby and take a bus ride to vegas. the bus ticket is only $40 but it will take about 8 hrs to get there. Flying to phoenix and taking a bus to vegas is still cheaper than buying a round-trip ticket from lansing to vegas.

Airtran is not that bad. It's an Atlanta based airline and I've flown with them about 3 times from LA to PR and the flights weren't bad at all. Whatever you do stay away from Sprit airlines. They are absolutely horrible.

8 hours on a bus is a long $*# time. Espeically cuz the trip is only 4 days. Damn near 2 days of sunshine travel to get back and forth to vegas and phoenix. Time>Money cuz you cant get an hour back

I have always used CheapoAir.com but I think from now on I'm gong to be looking at HipMunk.com

October 6th through October 9th would only cost 433 dollars through allegiant air. They dont fly outta Lansing, but Grand Rapids is only like 40 miles away, shouldnt be too bad. Don't know what other sites are charging but if you are flying to vegas allegiant is usually the cheapest

There are so many of these around now it's hard to tell which is the best. It's getting to be like Coke and Pepsi.

I used Travelocity in the past but I query Expedia and the prices are pretty much the same. What makes it worse is that everyone you talk to will tell you whatever they use is the best.

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

8 hours on a bus is a long $*# time. Espeically cuz the trip is only 4 days. Damn near 2 days of sunshine travel to get back and forth to vegas and phoenix. Time>Money cuz you cant get an hour back

fair point. I'm either thinking of flying earlier in the week round trip to vegas or just forget about vegas and just stay a week in the phoenix/glendale area.

hipmunk aint cheap... ive gotten cheaper tickets than that, maybe im just lucky #ThankYouBasedGod

Back
Top Bottom