Is it better to go to community college first or go straight to a university?

xx legod xx

Banned
My brother told me that it's better to go to a community college first and get your basics out of the way and then go to a university.
What is your opinion?

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

My brother told me that it's better to go to a community college first and get your basics out of the way and then go to a university.
What is your opinion?

I took this route, all I gotta say is you better be ready to work harder and be on some other @%% when you move to a university. It's cheaper route to take too, just make sure your GPA out of a CC is pretty high or else it's a wrap imo

I went straight to a University
pimp.gif

It depends on your GPA. If its low then go to community college and get it up. Then when you go to a university and those credits transfer over, you dont have to take more critical studies classes

What your brother says is correct. If you do well in your general requirements (writing, basic Math, etc.), you'll save a ton of money and time. I know a few people who chose that route, and it worked out very well for them because opted to go to ccs affiliated with some top universities in my area.

i went to a community college for 1 year and then transfered to Northeastern University in Boston.
Northeastern took all of my credits which was great. I was able to go to Community College for free and was able to get my books paid for, and at the end of both the fall/spring semester, I got checks from the state for like $900 each.

I had applied to the University of Rhode Island, Temple University, Suffolk University and Northeastern University, and was accepted to all 4 after my first year of community college.

the only thing that sucks about missing your first year of college is that bonds you make with friends that first semester, and the fact that most of the girls have never been away from home and they are looking to get busy. by the time, some of the girls have calmed down. got to weigh your pros and cons tho bro.

best of luck.

Unfortunately I did not think much about this before going to a University. I wish I would have went to CC first rather straight to a University.

Originally Posted by Scarface2k1

i went to a community college for 1 year and then transfered to Northeastern University in Boston.
Northeastern took all of my credits which was great. I was able to go to Community College for free and was able to get my books paid for, and at the end of both the fall/spring semester, I got checks from the state for like $900 each.

I had applied to the University of Rhode Island, Temple University, Suffolk University and Northeastern University, and was accepted to all 4 after my first year of community college.

the only thing that sucks about missing your first year of college is that bonds you make with friends that first semester, and the fact that most of the girls have never been away from home and they are looking to get busy. by the time, some of the girls have calmed down. got to weigh your pros and cons tho bro.

best of luck.
The pros sound great but those cons you just listed hit me kind of hard. I think I might go to a CC first, and then a university.
I want to major in electrical engineering at either UofTexas or Cal. (I live in Houston).

Originally Posted by Baltimore

Ur in high school......

GIFSoup

O damn it begins.
But I am a sophomore and have mad critical studies classes left to do before i graduate. If i want to finish in four years i have to take classes in the summer. SMH at all the requirements at art school. 

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

OP there actually was a story about apple factories using children to manufacturer their stuff.
Huh?

And spincy please don't quote that dude. I already put him on ignore and I don't want this thread to get locked. It's obvious that he's a cornball.

I went to CC first. Make sure you understand what classes you need and keep in contact with your advisor so you know exactly what pre-reqs you'll need so you can make sure you transfer on time.

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

OP there actually was a story about apple factories using children to manufacturer their stuff.
Huh?

And spincy please don't quote that dude. I already put him on ignore and I don't want this thread to get locked. It's obvious that he's a cornball.
posted in the wrong thread
laugh.gif

Yeah, just make sure the university will accept your pre-req's.

But if you want the full college "experience" then you should probably go straight to the university.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

why go to college when you can go straight to the Pro's?
laugh.gif

Unfortunately, sports aren't my primary focus right now.
But I was on varsity basketball and we went district and lost the game.
frown.gif

If u get a scholarship so that ur tuition, room & board are paid for, go to a university. If not, go to a CC, find out what major u WANT to study and get all the requirements done in order to transfer to the school u want. I live in CA, so the UC system (UCLA, UC Berkley, etc.) has different requirements than the CSU system (SF State, SJ State, etc. State Schools). And those requirements are different than Private schools too. Look into it with a counselor to make sure u take classes that u need, and that apply towards you transferring.

Originally Posted by cor23ey

Yeah, just make sure the university will accept your pre-req's.

But if you want the full college "experience" then you should probably go straight to the university.
at the end of the day though its about getting the degree and stepping into some money
mother the college experience dog...

i went straight to the university and if i could do it over, i wouldn't change a thing.....good luck in school.

Back
Top Bottom