Is it better to go to community college first or go straight to a university?

Alright guys, thanks for the advice.
Money isn't tight because my parents are paying for all of it so I think I'll just go straight to a university.
Mainly because I don't want to miss out on the first year of the experience. I hope I won't regret it in the long run.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by 21shots

taimaishu123-
"ehh, there is NOTHING like the freshman experience your first year of college at a University. i say, just for that alone, you should go straight to a University.to the ppl saying eff a college experience, its more THEN that. its a life experience. something everyone should have the chance to do. learned a lot about my self the first year of college. "

And four years at a university didn't teach you the difference between 'then' and 'than'? But hey you loved attending a university so much, you can now go back for a fifth time and take then-than-101.

who the hell ru?
24lq5bp.gif

and good choice OP. the life experience and the ppl you meet will be good in the long run.

I've heard this of why people go to community colleges...

1. You're dumb.

2.You're lazy.

3.You didn't have the grade requirement to get accepted by a real college/university.

4. You're too poor to afford the tuition.

So I guess it's better to go straight to a real college or university..?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sneakerfan93

1. You're dumb.

2.You're lazy.

3.You didn't have the grade requirement to get accepted by a real college/university.

laugh.gif
we all get a diploma/certificate at the end of the day, so it really doesn't matter how you start.

IMO alot of kids nowadays got it all twisted, they think going to a University is cool only because they get to dorm away from home...get a chance to be on their own and do pretty much whatever they want, party, drink, sex...in the midst of this alot of them forget what they are there for and that IS NOT free!....their GPA eventually drops and then either the parents dont want to waste their money anymore or they get drop from their university, then they end up in a community college anyways once they realize they are a little too old for the BS, but guess what by then you already blew it. With that being said, if you are not serious about school and just wanna go to a university to dorm and party, please dont be a fool and waste your time and money, instead go to a community college, mature a bit...know that this is the first defining momment of your life and what it means, once you are ready and serious about your education go to a university and get your bachelors, masters, phd whatever...till then just work on an associates degree from a CC.

on the other hand if you are serious about your education and know more or less what you wanna be then dont waste your time with a CC, get a scholarship, loans or have daddy & mommy pay for your tuition and go to a good university, stay focus and please dont choose some BS carreer....choose something that you like but that it will make you money when you graduate....at the end of the day is all about those benjies, thats the sad reality of being a grown-up.

1. You're dumb.

2.You're lazy.

laugh.gif
dude how old are you????.....you make no sense..
btw i graduated from a community college and i make more than alot of people from my old high school that attended universities and even have their master's now...and i do all this with my little AAS.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

1. You're dumb.

2.You're lazy.

laugh.gif
btw i graduated from a community college and i make more than alot of people from my old high school that attended universities and even have their master's now...and i do all this with my little AAS.
Reading is fundamental. Those statements were just what I've read or heard people say, not coming from myself.

i went to a community college for one year because i wanted better options than i did out of hs. i got into ok spots like depaul, loyola university chicago, towson university and a few others. after one year at the CC, i got into tier 1 spots like GW, UMD, American. if people are going to do it they need to be focused and not become part of the 13th grade like so many.

IMO alot of kids nowadays got it all twisted, they think going to a University is cool only because they get to dorm away from home...get a chance to be on their own and do pretty much whatever they want, party, drink, sex...in the midst of this alot of them forget what they are there for and that IS NOT free!....their GPA eventually drops and then either the parents dont want to waste their money anymore or they get drop from their university, then they end up in a community college anyways once they realize they are a little too old for the BS, but guess what by then you already blew it. With that being said, if you are not serious about school and just wanna go to a university to dorm and party, please dont be a fool and waste your time and money, instead go to a community college, mature a bit...know that this is the first defining momment of your life and what it means, once you are ready and serious about your education go to a university and get your bachelors, masters, phd whatever...till then just work on an associates degree from a CC.

on the other hand if you are serious about your education and know more or less what you wanna be then dont waste your time with a CC, get a scholarship, loans or have daddy & mommy pay for your tuition and go to a good university, stay focus and please dont choose some BS carreer....choose something that you like but that it will make you money when you graduate....at the end of the day is all about those benjies, thats the sad reality of being a grown-up.

ugh, i know about 10 ppl who are in that exact same deal. cant tell you how many ppl ive seen drop out since frosh year. but most of these ppl came from really sheltered lifestyles. couldnt handle it i guess. gotta work hard to play hard.

1. You're dumb.

2.You're lazy.

laugh.gif

What, if you don't mind me asking, do you do?

Sneakerfan93 you stated thats what you heard and at the end of your post you agreed with what all the idiots are telling you.

AME - Im a respiratory therapist

If you live in state like California go to a uni/state because with all the budget cuts to education people can't get classes at CC
smh.gif

If money is an issue than definitely go the Community College route for a year or two, but if money isn't an issue I don't see why you would go to a Community College unless you didn't get accepted anywhere.

My local community college has a dual degree program affiliated all the major state colleges/univ in NJ. All I had to do was carry a 2.5 GPA and was automatically enrolled into Rutgers where I chose to go. It was tight because I paid 2500-3000 my first two years to take classes with many professors who I later saw at Rutgers, and then just finished up at RU and now I have $0 in college loan debt. Compare that to some friends staring at 125,000 bills and such. The only downside is not having a dorm and campus life, but I live 13mins from RU and just partied with my other friends who were there and at other colleges. It also allowed me to work during my entire time at CC. For me it was a good move.

go straight to a UNiversity...CC is a trap, 2 years becomes 3.5 easily, and you feel like you're not going anyyywhere.. I wish I woulda immediatly gone to a university, now i gotta dig myself out and work from behind(no sex jokes!)

Originally Posted by Derek916

If you live in state like California go to a uni/state because with all the budget cuts to education people can't get classes at CC
smh.gif
did this happen to you?
nerd.gif
I'm probably going to a CC in CA

Originally Posted by JordanHead2

smh.gif
did this happen to you?
nerd.gif
A lot of my friends have 6 units...I've been lucky to been full time for two semesters straight

Originally Posted by eight2one

go straight to a UNiversity...CC is a trap, 2 years becomes 3.5 easily, and you feel like you're not going anyyywhere.. I wish I woulda immediatly gone to a university, now i gotta dig myself out and work from behind(no sex jokes!)
Only if you're not focused enough and you're not working on those pre-reqs. I effed up on high school and I rebounded big time so to each his own I guess. I did pick CC over some colleges I knew I could have gotten into though in the state of WA lmao

Originally Posted by JordanHead2

smh.gif
did this happen to you?
nerd.gif
A lot of my friends have 6 units...I've been lucky to been full time for two semesters straight
smh.gif
I originally planned on going to CC straight out of h/s (i graduate this year) with the hopes of getting accepted to cornell and saving some $$$
but becuase of the combo of  high influx of students and budget cuts I realized that it's in my best interest to go to a 4 year.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by eight2one

This man speaks the truth.. I had the same thing happen to me...Community Colleges trap people and none of your credits transfer out

Back
Top Bottom