Is it just me or does the XIV's grip suck acid??

Joined Nov 27, 2003
I have almost every colorway of the XIV retro and all of them have traction thats below par. The redwoods have much better traction than the other colors for some reason. I know people said they're not as good as the OGs which I've never tried , but damn I am disapointed.

Joined Jan 15, 2005
My XIV's are fine, indoors and out.

2K5's are that shoe for me. I had the black/purple colorway which was fine, but the white/red/black colorway was below average for me, clean court or not.

Joined Jan 14, 2006
well, its true that JB has lost its quality touch over the years. same thing with Nike, so traction and durability is a big problem. my guess is that if u don't use it as much, the traction pad won't wear down that easily, just because of JB's durability issues

Joined Apr 1, 2007
mine are holding up well...

Temporary WITNESS

TEAM WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Biedrins - Cabarkapa - Davis - Ellis - Foyle
Harrington - Jackson - Jasikevicius - O'Bryant - Pietrus - Powell - Richardson

Joined Aug 2, 2006
Mine got some fake grip goin on, they still squeak like they were giving my mad grip but I feel my foot sliding like crazy.

Joined Nov 27, 2003
Quote:[hr][/hr]Mine got some fake grip goin on, they still squeak like they were giving my mad grip but I feel my foot sliding like crazy.[hr][/hr]

exactly I felt like I was wearing some moccasins on hardwood

Joined Jul 8, 2006
The traction on my last shots is great. Was your playing surface dusty?
"What's Bruce Lee's favorite drink?"
"Watahhh!!!!!"

TEAM GALACTUS AIN'T NO CLOUD​

Joined May 24, 2007
They have excellent traction to me. When I wear them casually sometimes I think its too much.

Joined Apr 18, 2003
first time I wore my xiv's I kept tripping over in the hallways because my feet kept catching onto the floor.....so I don't know why u say the traction sucks...maybe it's just the dirty surface
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."-Bill Cosby

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now