Is it me, or is ESPN's NBA HD coverage...

much worse-looking than TNT's. I just got home and turned on the end of he Cavs-Mavs game, and actually double-checked the guide to make sure I was on ESPN HD and not ESPN. It just looks so much fuzzier and less sharp than the TNT HD games I watched last night.

Or maybe I'm just going crazy.
For Sale, sz 12: Jordans, AM 90's, Barkleys, Huaraches. Check the B/S 11/5+ forum.
"Sports Do Not Build Character, They Reveal It." - John Wooden
TEAM AM FAM

ESPN be off and on with there HD, one day it looks good and then the next it sucks

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!
TEAMCOWBOYS

Must be you cause its looking great to me take in effect the stadium the game is in For instance LA blacks out the lights besides the front row at their games
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
Anthony, Blake, Camby, Diawara, Evans, Iverson, Johnson, Kleiza, Martin, Najera, Nen, Sampson, Smith​

For me, ABC's HD would be good, and then WAAAAAY fuzzy and crap. IMO, the best HD was either TNT, FOX, or NBC (at least when I had it)
OREGONDUCKS
Dennis Dixon & Jonathan Stewart for Heisman​

Quote:
Must be you cause its looking great to me take in effect the stadium the game is in For instance LA blacks out the lights besides the front row at their games

I really like that black out ..everything focused onto the court..like the all star games

yall must have bad tv's because it looks great to me. so does tnt as well...
W....I....L....L....I....A....M....S​

Quote:
TNT is the best looking sports HD channel, at least on my TV
:lol:
laugh.gif
Mez 1 presents...Nas is God's Son (The Remix): Coming Soon
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S
(Size 9-9.5) BMP $199, Fred 3s $140, CG 11s $250, West/OG 20s $89, Penny 4 Blk/wht $50, etcwww.Original Soles.comMyspaceSoundclickeBay Auctions

Yea i was thinking the same thing in my head just a few minutes ago. TNT's HD is really good. ESPN's is crap.

ESPN HD be looking mighty fine to me. All HD channels come in good. Mainly cause of the HD box I have too.
TEAMATLANTAHAWKS​

It seems like everyday the quality changes.

TEAM LAKERS1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002...

ESPN/ABC always look out of focus and soft. I seriously hate having a nice HDTV expecting that everything would look better when you end up with crap like this. Gives me one more reason to not watch ESPN.
TEAM XBOX360​
.: nnarum :.​
MINNESOTA TWINS

The difference is ESPN & ABC broadcast their HD games in 720P resoultion while TNT broadcast their HD games in 1080i.

The world series this year on FOX HD in 720p sucked big time for an HD broadcast.
"Kobe is in a no win situation, he's in hoops purgatory."- Scoop Jackson

1080 is full HD that is why TNT is better.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
> SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998 <​

^

Correction 1080p is full HD which you see in a Blu-Ray or HD-DVD.1080i is not full HD. No TV shows or sport broadcast are done in 1080p currently.
"Kobe is in a no win situation, he's in hoops purgatory."- Scoop Jackson

You guys need to do your research.

720p > 1080i

Progressive vs Interlaced

Progressive > Interlaced

TNT HD is the best sports HD broadcast I get, and it's not really even close. None of the broadcast channels (ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox) compare.
Keep the Sonics in Seattle​
KEVIN / & JEFF/ & Wally / & Chris / & Luke / & Earl / & Damien / & Nick / & Johan

Quote:
You guys need to do your research.

720p > 1080i

Progressive vs Interlaced

Progressive > Interlaced
TEAMGIANTS
TEAMNEWYORKMETS
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

OK Ultrasur1 you clearly don't know what you're talking about I'm the CEO of both Toshiba and Sony and I say 1080i is better than 720p
TEAMMUSICFORUM
Where Logic Goes To Die
Fred Lewis > Illmatic​

well in that case, hook me up with a 60" xbr
TEAMGIANTS
TEAMNEWYORKMETS​
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

I dont know, but why doesnt league pass aint in HD? i swear i was watching the crappiest feed ever yesturday.
HoustonRockets
FRANCIS - MCGRADY - YAO​

Back
Top Bottom